Cowerd sticking up for JB | Syracusefan.com

Cowerd sticking up for JB

CuseTroop

Vegas Mole Person
Talking with whoever is on the show with him today

CC- You hate JB, a guy that has won 900 games
Random guy - I dont hate him I just think he is over rated compared to other top coaches
CC- he's won 900 games...
RG- but when you compare him to Izzo, blah blah
CC- Izzo is in the big 10, JB works in a city that looks like a women's prison. have you been there? The fact that he has turned that into a basketball power house is crazy. It snows in August. They play in bouncy castle.

lol they are still talking about it now. Cowherd is ripping the city, but talking JB up pretty hard.

Now talking about Otto

CC- what is their mascot? a giant fruit?
RG- his name is otto, and he has a weight problem.

lol

The guy he is talking to, was born and raised in Syracuse. So I dont think Colin woke up and decided to just rip the town. Just some friendly banter, that I thought was hilarious.

Cowherd hates the city of Syracuse. I heard him a few years ago ripping it as well. I like CC but he is a little over the top for me and I hate when he does the old guy voice. I like his interviews but something's he try's to make connections on are wacky.

The guy defending Boeheim came off as a bigger bag than the guy who thought he's overrated. I don't think that's ever happened.

Cowherd hates the city of Syracuse. I heard him a few years ago ripping it as well. I like CC but he is a little over the top for me and I hate when he does the old guy voice. I like his interviews but something's he try's to make connections on are wacky.

CC was on the ESPN broadcast crew for our season opening game against Washington in 2007.

He didn't have anything nice to say about our little burg. Maybe we didn't have enough Starbucks?

CC was on the ESPN broadcast crew for our season opening game against Washington in 2007.

He didn't have anything nice to say about our little burg. Maybe we didn't have enough Starbucks?

That was it. I knew he had come here and was talking about it before he came. :mad:

CC- what is their mascot? a giant fruit?
RG- his name is otto, and he has a weight problem.

lol

The guy he is talking to, was born and raised in Syracuse. So I dont think Colin woke up and decided to just rip the town. Just some friendly banter, that I thought was hilarious.

The banter back and forth was probably with Dan Stanczyk who is Cowherd's Production Assistant and graduated from CBA in 2004. I just happen to work with his brother. This is where all the Syracuse stuff originates from.

The banter back and forth was probably with Dan Stanczyk who is Cowherd's Production Assistant and graduated from CBA in 2004. I just happen to work with his brother. This is where all the Syracuse stuff originates from.

Very good friends with the Stanczyk family and I knew Danny worked on the Cowherd show and was listening to the segment and totally did not piece that together haha.

Random guy - I dont hate him I just think he is over rated compared to other top coaches
CC- Izzo is in the big 10, JB works in a city that looks like a women's prison. have you been there? The fact that he has turned that into a basketball power house is crazy. It snows in August. They play in bouncy castle.

lol they are still talking about it now. Cowherd is ripping the city, but talking JB up pretty hard.

Now talking about Otto
Putting aside the most important pieces...the staff and the style of ball...and focusing just on the atmosphere, it is amazing that Orange are able to recruit as well as they do.
The Dome and the huge crowds help. But the city and the weather are so bleak.
UConn has a similar issue...but instead of a bleak city they have nothing.

It shows that the program is the most important factor in recruiting.
Kids will go where they feel the best fit.
If the weather and location mattered so much then places like San Diego State, Pepperdine and the University of Hawaii would be powerhouses.

Anyone with any semblance of objectivity would need to recognize that what James Authur Boeheim has done in Syracuse as one of the most remarkable coaching accomplishments in college sport...EVER! First of all JB came into the coaching job in an unlikely fashion. He then went on to build a powerhouse program in an unlikely location and under Jim Boeheim, the Orangemen won more games than all but four schools since 1980. He took a solid program and turned it into a perennial contender, produced a number of NBA prospects, won 14 Big East regular-season or tournament titles, and finally filled the gap in his resume when Carmelo Anthony carried 'Cuse to their elusive NCAA crown in 2003. Simply put, no Big East team has been better over the past 30 years. He is undoubtedly one of the best college basketball coaches in history and anyone who tries to diminish him as not being one would have to have some partisan bias which they are trying to advance.

Those who want to criticize him should just . :D There are plenty of n'er do well underachieving coaches that are deserving of critique and criticism... but JB ain't one of 'em.

Now talking about Otto

JB may work in a city that looks like a women's prison, but it's still better than living in New Jersey.

To be above criticism you would need to go undefeated every season yes.

JB is not beyond criticism but what he's done with the program is just amazing. I love what JB has done with kids like Andy Rautins, Triche, and Jardine. The program has a great work ethic. One-and-done and two-and-done players are great. But I like the way the program develops three-and-done and four-and-done players. I thought what JB did with Andy Rautins was pretty amazing.

JB may work in a city that looks like a women's prison, but it's still better than living in New Jersey.

16601-jersey-shore-jersey-shore.jpg

The guy defending Boeheim came off as a bigger bag than the guy who thought he's overrated. I don't think that's ever happened.

The Japanese have saying, "The first person to raise their voice in argument loses." We don't have to defend JB one bit. It's not necessary. His record speaks for itself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom