Class of 2014 - Curtis Samuel | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Curtis Samuel

How much longer does Rob Moore have, I wonder?

Love Rob the Moore the coach and player but theres no way to spin it, hes been less then steller as a recruiter. Was literally laughed out of a school in NJ, a few years ago. His days have to be numbered as a recruiter for that geographic area, they desperately need a NJ/NYC guy to replace what left with Marrone and get some sort of presence in NJ again.

Love Rob the Moore the coach and player but theres no way to spin it, hes been awful as a recruiter. Was literally laughed out of a school in NJ, a few years ago. His days have to be numbered, they desperately need a NJ/NYC guy to replace what left with Marrone and get some sort of presence in NJ again.
Wow. Just wow.

How could you, or anyone not involved in the program, have any idea what kind of recruiter Rob Moore is?

Wow. Just wow.

How could you, or anyone not involved in the program, have any idea what kind of recruiter Rob Moore is?

Not hard, look at the list of kids that SU has brought in the past few years and see how many of them are from NJ and or how many were recruited by Moore as the lead guy. Also, when at a tailgate someone most people here would respect in the highschool football area in NJ gives a less then glowing report, its clear theres an issue.

Not hard, look at the list of kids that SU has brought in the past few years and see how many of them are from NJ and or how many were recruited by Moore as the lead guy. Also, when at a tailgate someone most people here would respect in the highschool football area in NJ gives a less then glowing report, its clear theres an issue.
you're going off one incident two years ago in his first year on the job, and then extrapolating that plus Curtis Samuel, a kid that just didn't want to come here. If he was struggling as a recruiter he would be replaced.

you're going off one incident two years ago in his first year on the job, and then extrapolating that plus Curtis Samuel, a kid that just didn't want to come here. If he was struggling as a recruiter he would be replaced.

I am certainly not going off one incident and Curtis Samuels has nothing to do with it as he was never coming to Syracuse even if Calipari was his main recruiter. The numbers dont lie and someone with your contacts should know that Moore isnt exactly Deleone is his hey day in the eyes of NJ high school coaches and thats putting it mildly. I dont expect him to be the main NYC/NJ for much longer unless things take a big turnaround and based on where we are with some limited prospects down there its not looking good.

Performed well at the Camp in NJ the other day. Was #3 ranked offensive player at camp.

A couple things that may help us in his recruitment is he plans on waiting until late in the process to make a decision.
ND, and Miami want him on defense, he prefers offense.
Sounds like he is pretty good friends with Wayne Morgan.
We have seen that the "friends part means little in the long run. See Gus and EBO. I hope blood means something to KJas a cousin to AJ!;)

I have no idea how often you guys travel to NYC, but I'm from there and the mindset of an NYC kid is that of EBO...They don't typically want to be trend setters they’d rather follow the crowd…So we will continue to lose our instate recruits to the big dogs until we start winning some games. Hell some of you guys that live in Syracuse didn’t even go to the spring game. If I was a recruit and I watched a spring game with what 4,000 people vs. a team that has the fan support of 40-70,000, thats a no-brainer! The fans that live in Syracuse barely support this team, real fans show up no matter the record or the weather!

I have no idea how often you guys travel to NYC, but I'm from there and the mindset of an NYC kid is that of EBO...They don't typically want to be trend setters they’d rather follow the crowd…So we will continue to lose our instate recruits to the big dogs until we start winning some games. Hell some of you guys that live in Syracuse didn’t even go to the spring game. If I was a recruit and I watched a spring game with what 4,000 people vs. a team that has the fan support of 40-70,000, thats a no-brainer! The fans that live in Syracuse barely support this team, real fans show up no matter the record or the weather!
sad, but true

Syracuse is never getting 40K for a spring game, its just not going to happen, ever. If a kid is making a decision based on spring attendance half the Div 1 schools would never get a recruit, there were more people in the bathroom at the Dome for the last lax game I was at then there were at Miami's spring game total.

Most diehard fans did attend the spring game but your not going to get the casual fan of the program or the local resident who barely follows the program to attend a 2 hour scrimmage on one of the first nice weather Saturdays in 5 months. Teams like ALabama and Others who have huge spring game crowds draw from all over the state not just Tuscaloosa.

Can I assume you made it up for the game?

Syracuse is never getting 40K for a spring game, its just not going to happen, ever. If a kid is making a decision based on spring attendance half the Div 1 schools would never get a recruit, there were more people in the bathroom at the Dome for the last lax game I was at then there were at Miami's spring game total.

Most diehard fans did attend the spring game but your not going to get the casual fan of the program or the local resident who barely follows the program to attend a 2 hour scrimmage on one of the first nice weather Saturdays in 5 months. Teams like ALabama and Others who have huge spring game crowds draw from all over the state not just Tuscaloosa.

Can I assume you made it up for the game?

I live in Denver, but nice try though!!! In this post l was speaking of NYC kids. The fact of the matter is beating these other schools out for Kids that should go to SU. In this day SU isn't MIA so somethig has to give. Uniforms, fan base and wins that's the key to landing top recruits

I live in Denver, but nice try though!!! In this post l was speaking of NYC kids. The fact of the matter is beating these other schools out for Kids that should go to SU. In this day SU isn't MIA so somethig has to give. Uniforms, fan base and wins that's the key to landing top recruits

uniforms? as in what they wear? that's what gets kids? wow

uniforms? as in what they wear? that's what gets kids? wow
Oh yeah man uniforms...look at Oregon, Maryland is just terrible but they have crazy uniforms, check how many top recruits they've landed in the last 3 years. It's all about swag if your program can't sell the weather or wins, you better have home sweet uniforms...check Rutgers and their many uniform combinations.

Oh yeah man uniforms...look at Oregon, Maryland is just terrible but they have crazy uniforms, check how many top recruits they've landed in the last 3 years. It's all about swag if your program can't sell the weather or wins, you better have home sweet uniforms...check Rutgers and their many uniform combinations.

maybe Oregon qualifies, but they also have some of the best facilities in the country to go with those uniforms. i am sorry but there is no way in hell uniforms are factored into where someone chooses to go to school. if they are then the kid is an absolute moron

maybe Oregon qualifies, but they also have some of the best facilities in the country to go with those uniforms. i am sorry but there is no way in hell uniforms are factored into where someone chooses to go to school. if they are then the kid is an absolute moron
Ok, well let's test this hypothesis...why do schools have so many uniforms? Why does Nike keep coming out with different procombat uniforms? Adidas has even started marketing more uniforms...did u look at Maryland's recruits yet? Facilities play factor to of course but swag sells...believe that

Ok, well let's test this hypothesis...why do schools have so many uniforms? Why does Nike keep coming out with different procombat uniforms? Adidas has even started marketing more uniforms...did u look at Maryland's recruits yet? Facilities play factor to of course but swag sells...believe that
Too**

Well the truth is that we win most of the battles for the NYC kids that we pursue. Unfortunately, we've lost a few battles for high profile players (i.e. Ebo, Williams) over the last few years and that seems to be all many here remember.

I'll take players like Brandon Reddish, Jeremiah Kobena, Wayne Morgan and Wayne Williams any day but apparently for many here they're not up to snuff. Misery loves company.

Dude, you're off to a terrible start here...not quite EDSPARTAN bad, but bad nonetheless.

Maryland blows...uniforms make absolutely no difference.

Dude, you're off to a terrible start here...not quite EDSPARTAN bad, but bad nonetheless.

Dude...you should read my point really slow!!! If you guys don't understand this then that's on you...I live and have lived around a lot of talented kids and uniforms, shoe sponsors and fans make a difference, I could care less about the start I get on this site, its the truth

Dude...you should read my point really slow!!! If you guys don't understand this then that's on you...I live and have lived around a lot of talented kids and uniforms, shoe sponsors and fans make a difference, I could care less about the start I get on this site, its the truth

Half of you guys can't even decipher Twitter posts so I know for sure you're disconnected

There's an article from 2011, can't copy and paste from my phone...bold, crazy uniforms attract recruits...just found this it should add some validity to my point!!

Yep. Certifiable.

To say it makes no difference is as crazy as saying it makes all the difference.

Just listen to the kids who go to Oregon - they say its a part of it. It may not make sense to us - but I'm not 17 and in a completely different culture.

You can rag on a kid and call him a moron if you want - but if its important to the kid, your opinion doesn't matter at all.

To say it makes no difference is as crazy as saying it makes all the difference.

Just listen to the kids who go to Oregon - they say its a part of it. It may not make sense to us - but I'm not 17 and in a completely different culture.

You can rag on a kid and call him a moron if you want - but if its important to the kid, your opinion doesn't matter at all.

ya it's nice to have cool uniforms when you are already committed to a school that has some of the best facilities in the country, but do you think the same kids would end up at the same school if they had slightly below average facilities, and a small fan base?... but oh wait they have several alternate uni's. what they are saying after the fact has little to do with their decision. i mean if that's all you have to do to attract kids it seems like quite a small investment. maybe New Mexico St will break out some sweet new uniforms next year and reel in a top 40 recruiting class.