Cuse 70 to 1 to win the NC | Syracusefan.com

Cuse 70 to 1 to win the NC

Ugh, tired of UK always at the top. Of course, this means nothing.

In football LSU is 10:1 and we are 1,000:1

How is Uconn ahead of us?

I'd like to say it's more a reflection on us than UConn, in that we're being underrated due to the performance last season, but I honestly think college basketball folks expect UConn to be good. Looking at their lineup and coach, I just don't see it, but whatever. As far as their chances at the Championship go, I guess it helps that they'll get a good seed for winning that powderpuff conference; maybe that factored into the equation.

How is Uconn ahead of us?

History says they win the NC significantly more often than we do when not good enough on paper to do it. This year, on paper, neither of us is good enough to it. So past data says put their odds higher.

I'd like to say it's more a reflection on us than UConn, in that we're being underrated due to the performance last season, but I honestly think college basketball folks expect UConn to be good. Looking at their lineup and coach, I just don't see it, but whatever. As far as their chances at the Championship go, I guess it helps that they'll get a good seed for winning that powderpuff conference; maybe that factored into the equation.

We are loaded this year and and very experienced. We'll be starting 2 5th year seniors who were both all conference last year, a 4th year junior who is our leading returning scorer, a junior center who started on a NC team and a sophomore who many believe is about to explode. Add to that, a super talented freshman guard and coached by a guy who already has a NC...

Its an intriguing team. If chemistry is right early, I can see us being in the top 10 all year long (maybe higher) but if the team doesn't gel with all the new parts and roles, we could struggle.

We are loaded this year and and very experienced. We'll be starting 2 5th year seniors who were both all conference last year, a 4th year junior who is our leading returning scorer, a junior center who started on a NC team and a sophomore who many believe is about to explode. Add to that, a super talented freshman guard and coached by a guy who already has a NC...

Its an intriguing team. If chemistry is right early, I can see us being in the top 10 all year long (maybe higher) but if the team doesn't gel with all the new parts and roles, we could struggle.

I think you're overstating how well U-Con will gel, but I do agree they should be good and are quite talented. I don't think they are a national champion (or anywhere close), especially if U-Con doesn't get it together early and win some OOC games. If they can't win early in the season, they may just be shot down by the crappiness of their conference and never have a shot. The committee has not been nice to AAC teams in terms of seeding the last two years (UConn a 7 when they won, louisville a 4 two years ago, Temple and Tulsa getting dinged last year, etc.).

I think you're overstating how well U-Con will gel, but I do agree they should be good and are quite talented. I don't think they are a national champion (or anywhere close), especially if U-Con doesn't get it together early and win some OOC games. If they can't win early in the season, they may just be shot down by the crappiness of their conference and never have a shot. The committee has not been nice to AAC teams in terms of seeding the last two years (UConn a 7 when they won, louisville a 4 two years ago, Temple and Tulsa getting dinged last year, etc.).

I think even with early issues, UConn will steamroll the rest of the American and get in the dance. From there, anything is possible with a guy like Ollie running the show.

Or too busy counting their NC trophies... geeze
seriously, theres a lot of material to make fun of storz st, unfortunetly the record and play on the court is not one of them...

cuz yeah, the ucon dolt comes over here to chirp some more and we better be careful about what we say!

In all fairness, sdhusky is a good poster for the most part. There are others I'd just as soon never see here but I can't get to upset with him.

In all fairness, sdhusky is a good poster for the most part. There are others I'd just as soon never see here but I can't get to upset with him.
I agree, of course he is going to have a fairly positive view of his team and it shows. I've never seen him really try to instigate anything, just give the UConn point of view. I for one love talking to fans of other teams and listen to describe their team in the preseason. For the most part people are pretty optimistic about their team and that's what I love about college basketball. No matter what happened last season everyone is excited to see their team take the hardwood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom