Cuse and growing NBA presence | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Cuse and growing NBA presence

Ennis was a hair shy of being unemployed.
the initial plan was to cut him, then bring him back on a cheaper deal. in the end, they decided he was worth the contract he is already on. so, not only was he not on the edge of unemployment, but hoops moneyball guru Daryl Morey decided he was of good value.

I watched most of the Rockets/Lakers game last night. Tyler's box score isn't going to excite anyone, but his overall game on the court was solid. He's not going to get rich, but he should play a long time in the league as a backup point.

the initial plan was to cut him, then bring him back on a cheaper deal. in the end, they decided he was worth the contract he is already on. so, not only was he not on the edge of unemployment, but hoops moneyball guru Daryl Morey decided he was of good value.

I watched most of the Rockets/Lakers game last night. Tyler's box score isn't going to excite anyone, but his overall game on the court was solid. He's not going to get rich, but he should play a long time in the league as a backup point.
I agree, and a couple of his turnovers were Nene not knowing how to play basketball. Tyler took it to the hoop and dropped passes off perfectly for Nene in a position where he should have been and had easy dunks, but Nene was lazy and didn't move to the spot.

Number of players currently in the NBA according to this neat site. I just grabbed teams of interest and might have missed a couple big programs, but it is clear Syracuse is moving into elite territory in this area as well:

Alumni Tracker

Kentucky 24
Duke 21
Kansas 15
UNC 15
Arizona 15
UCLA 15
Syracuse 11
Florida 10
Michigan State 9
Washington 9
LSU 8
Texas 8
Michigan 7
UNLV 6
UL 5
Wake Forest 5
Georgia Tech 5
Indiana 5
Ohio State 5
Wisconsin 5
Georgetown 5
Stanford 5
USC 5
Villanova 5
Maryland 5
UConn 5
Miami 4
UVa 4
Oregon 4
Notre Dame 3
Clemson 2
NC State 2
St Johns 2
BC 2
Florida St 1
Penn St 1
Pitt 1

I REALLY hope this chart shut some posters' pieholes.

Melo obviously starts for the Knicks.

I see in the Heat's box scores that Dion is starting next to Dragic. I also see a 5-16 last night that he better put a limit on.

I have a feeling that MCW may work his way into the starting lineup this season. He already was majorly influential in them winning their first game as the tide turned as soon as he came in. This was definitely noticed by Bulls fans commenting on his play after the game.

Wes and Grant are decent role players. Grant may get a decent shot this year if the 76ers are able to move Okafor or Noel.

Looks like AO is off the roster with Big Zim back.

The Magic are kind of a trainwreck right now, as a Magic fan I don't have high hopes that AO can hold on. I think there is going to be some roster turnover between now and January.