Cuse at Virginia 1/24/16 | Syracusefan.com

Cuse at Virginia 1/24/16

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
It was a one possession game with 29 seconds to go on the road. You have to love our chances but you know everyone will be picking Virginia. The spread will probably be like 5 or 6. I think once the team sits down tomorrow to prep, they are going to feel good with the match up.
http://www.cuse.com/news/2016/1/24/MBB_0124160824.aspx?path=mbasket

I am expecting a bigger spread. We were just 5 pt dogs to 11 seed gonzaga.
I was actually going to type five or six or more, but I think someone with common sense will wake up and realize that Cuse is playing pretty good and not open with anything real crazy. I might be wrong.

Richardson, G and Roberson all had good games against UVA. We have a shot, they are a known quantity. Their big men are good but we are getting pretty awesome at shutting down big men all of a sudden.

Senior Guards vs Senior Guards. Amazing how many times that happens.

Richardson, G and Roberson all had good games against UVA. We have a shot, they are a known quantity. Their big men are good but we are getting pretty awesome at shutting down big men all of a sudden.

you mean the guy who just had 19, 17, and 5 blocks?

Well hope we learned something we can apply to Tobey. He has always been their X-factor against us. Plus their guard combo is clicking incredibly well.

We got screwed on the scheduling with that snowstorm, too.

Virginia's a horrible match-up for us, but we're now due for a good performance and I think Boeheim's going to have them in a position to compete. Can't complain about being 40 minutes away from a Final Four trip against a favored opponent from your conference.

What stands out to me from that game is our 3 point shooting and Howard's minutes. It'll be tough to shoot like that again, since we haven't shot that well in the tournament so far, but Howard is another weapon we have now that we didn't have then. Coleman is also more effective now than he was then (though tonight was a bad matchup for him).

Boeheim was brilliant; he did not extend the zone even though Few did all he could to get the zone overextended and the consistent collapse on Sabonis was just what the doctor ordered. The last minute press took them by surprise although they should have expected it. Are there any tricks left up his sleeves?

we arent the same team we were when we first played UVA.
But neither are they. They have been playing stellar ball down the stretch.
We are a big dog.

huh, means more $ coming in on SU so far - interesting

7 or 8 is what I expected, I wonder in the past what the spread was for other one seeds against double digit seeds.

From a point of view this seems big because you have to think this game will be played in the 50's or 60's. Both teams do that naturally. What is the o/u? I would think 127 or something.

7 or 8 is what I expected, I wonder in the past what the spread was for other one seeds against double digit seeds.

I'm also curious what the spread was for the first game...and if it changed after the snow thing?

I took the points for the first time in the tournament. For a slow paced game like this could be, 8 points seems generous...unless this is really supposed to be our Waterloo where we get exposed? I'm curious if the defense can continue to play with the magic they've had. If so, anything is possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom