Cuse/Dook game from 1989 on ESPN Classic now | Syracusefan.com

Cuse/Dook game from 1989 on ESPN Classic now

Deano

All American
Loved college hoops back in this day so much better than now. Still can see why myself along with many others still hated Hurley and Laettner back then.

They are also showing same game again today from 5-7PM EST. I wish they had showed the OT game a few years back at the Dome, now that was a classic!

Thanks for posting Deano. I saw this on the schedule over the weekend but forgot to post.

Loved college hoops back in this day so much better than now. Still can see why myself along with many others still hated Hurley and Laettner back then.

They are also showing same game again today from 5-7PM EST. I wish they had showed the OT game a few years back at the Dome, now that was a classic!
I was at that ACC-BE Challenge game in Greensboro.
Pretty close to a classic itself.
That was back in the day when we could rebound (thanks largely to Derrick Coleman).
DC was a monster...16 points and 19 boards.

Crazy sequence at the end. With duke trying to foul on purpose, Billy Owens throws a completely unnecessary long pass to Stevie who shoots 12% from the free throw line. Stevie then throws it away and the duke player BLATANTLY steps out of bounds but refs miss it. Haha.

Was that the game that we basically dunked the opening tip? Awesome.

Coleman, Owens, Thompson, Ellis, Manning...

Ten reasons to watch this game:

1. Raf doing the game
2. Coleman
3. We played Man
4. Owens
5. Cursive Unis
6. Thompson
7. Our Fast Break
8. Ellis
9. Just about every shot was in the paint
10. Kenny Anderson (still hoping...with Anderson, it would have been a helluva final against UNLV)...

Stevie Thompson running the point. Attacking the rim! Duke averaged 111 after only 6 games. Ks winning percentage less than 65% at the time. Jimmy working the refs from the tip. Ah the memories.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom