Cuse Football Golf Tourney - Mon, June 6th - Seneca Falls CC | Syracusefan.com

Cuse Football Golf Tourney - Mon, June 6th - Seneca Falls CC

Rocco

Watching you.
I have a team in. Who else is going?

Admins - please tack.

Hope all is well. I look forward to gum-flapping with all of you soon once summer camp picks up!

honestly i dont think there is any link. its a orange pack event that they email invites out too

I have a team in. Who else is going?

Admins - please tack.

Hope all is well. I look forward to gum-flapping with all of you soon once summer camp picks up!
I am in with my usual group. Coach Lea has been replaced with Coach Ward. Coach Lea, you moved up to a better golf course at Wake!

Rocco , can you please post a link to information regarding the event?

There's no link...

The details are as follows:

"Auburn/Seneca Falls Orange Club Golf Day"
Monday, June 6th, 2016
Noon shotgun
4 man scramble
$125/person includes golf, dinner, food and drinks on the course

Usually the majority of the staff is there, along with a few of the Orange Pack guys and some admin people.

Coach Babers will address the packed room and give a speech. They're typically memorable. Hell, even GRob was great at this event!

I encourage everyone to go, if possible. It always sells out with like 40 teams or so.

I hope this helps...

was told today that usually they have to turn away 5-10 teams. if a spot opens up on my team i will post it to the board.. got a couple iffy people right now 3 weeks out and some people dont like playing in bad weather.

I may have a couple spots at the dinner , its looking like some of my team cant stay, PM me if anyone in the area wants to stop by and partake of the dinner/speech..

still got 2 spots free for dinner if anyone has an interest. i will try to check my phone before we start play if someone wants to respond in this thread. not sure i can get to my PM from my phone.

too bad no one had a chance to come out for this. it was a great event. I'm sure Tomcat will have a write up, although I did not have a chance to catch up with him. I will add my comments after Tom does his thing

too bad no one had a chance to come out for this. it was a great event. I'm sure Tomcat will have a write up, although I did not have a chance to catch up with him. I will add my comments after Tom does his thing
No comments from me. I had a prior commitment to a charity event yesterday afternoon and could not go. Sorry...

Ok. Here is my recap. Some background provided by Chris Gedney. This is the last event of this type left as at one time he said there were several of these golf events. This one has been running somewhere around 35 years?

Its played at seneca falls country club. Its a nice course, fairly flat and simple with a few tight holes, but a nice place for this type of event with so many playing for the fun of the event and a large contingent of supporters who cant take advantage of shorter holes and not alot of trouble. there were 36-40 teams on a beautiful if a bit windy day. as for the golf side of it, 13 under won the event, 11 under came in second. and bragging a bit my team can in 3rd with a solid 10 under.. no Skins game which was a bit disappointing as we had what turned out to be one of the few eagles all day.

The food is simple. A nicely placed tent in the middle of a triangle of holes. hot dogs, hamburgs, steak sandwiches and drinks all day.. very nice job there.

After golf a quick open bar, a 50/50 raffle and some merchandise raffles.

The dinner a nice steak, potatoes, salad and vegatable i think was carrots mixed with something healthy. followed by a simple dish of ice cream and choc sauce.

The main event was a visit by the coaches. started with a quick Gedney speech about raising money for the new SAT. camps that was not budgeted. I think most of the staff was there, they were just getting back from all over, they each got up and told about their football history. Mike hart got a nice round of applause. They all said how excited they were to be there. then they were gone before dinner to head home and get back on the road.

At this point Coach Babers got up. He energized the room. Really personable. It was interesting to see him work the room starting at the front and before long working his way around the room as he talked, shaking hands and gripping shoulders as he ended up back at the front after a 15 min or so talk.

He pointed out he came to SU for a few reason. one is we have a niche in the Dome and 2 he wanted a spot he can be at as his last job.. Talked about how few teams run this system and Baylor may not be one of them after this year.

He mentions starting spring practice early, about how he saw one of the DBs going out working on technique and they realized they needed to start the kids working on the new way of stuff and not letting them continue what the old staff had them doing.

He fully expects to beat the big boys soon, maybe not this year but soon, does not want to ever play ND at a neutral site again and wants to sleigh the goliaths.

Some asked about Dungey and how good he is. He said he is good. but they have not named a #1 yet. he said that of the 8-9 QBs that have played this system all but 2 have made it to the pros and one chose not to get drafted. He says whoever SU has at QB he expects them to play well and make it to the NFL in this system

Really had the group pumped out.. full of energy