Dabo names Jim Brown captain for Syracuse game, Clemson players don't know who that is | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dabo names Jim Brown captain for Syracuse game, Clemson players don't know who that is

Probably not. But I'm doubtful they ever would be.

I mean I went to SU in the 90s and interacted with football players. I'm very doubtful most of those guys knew who, say, Roger Staubach or Archie Griffin were.

some of the players I hung with back then were major students of the game. others didn't like it all that much, just something they did well.

Dabo spoke about this on ESPN Radio

Response from team was crickets, "is that not a sad state of affairs, this is one of the greatest EVER, but it gave me an opportunity to educate them a little bit" One of the RBs knew who Jim Brown was.

"I've been waiting all year to make Jim Brown captain there at Syracuse"

Every time I hear Dabo speak, I can totally see why his players would run through walls for him. He's building something special at Clemson.

Honestly their fans can be beyond petty and annoying, but I like their program and find myself cheering for them out of conference.

Me too, I kind of thought he was a babbling idiot at first, but I really like the guy now.

There was just a 15 minute on ESPN talking about this.

And no negative remarks about the current state of the program