Dailey News showing article advising Jorge to call it a career | Syracusefan.com

Dailey News showing article advising Jorge to call it a career

CaliCuse

All American
If Cashman blows a roster spot on a 40 year old player who is finished he deserves to be fired Jorge is no Satchel Page. He is an obstacle on the basepaths and while his career has been significant ,this game is not in favor of old men playing with younger athletes in their prime. Ask Arod if he isn't beginning to feel his age!? The Post is indicating that Swisher is a possible candidate not to return in 2012. Joe put nunez in right field a few times. I wonder if this could be a prelude to the kid going out there every day. He has a fast bat and speed. His arm may or may not be right field strong I have no idea. He is the type of kid that could develop in a big time way for the Yankees. Play him once in a while in the infield to keep his mediocre fielding and throwing in tune. If they can find a left handed bat in their system to platoon with Nunez for awhile even better. Nunez is going to be asked for in trades by everyone the Yanks speak to with regards to pitching. Its going to be a fun off season if they don't get rid of Montero which is being predicted. A real bad move if Cashman pulls that crap on the fans Jesus is already a popular player. I would get rid of Cervelli and keep Romine and Montero when Posada finally goes. I'd like to see a day for Jorge within the first 30 days of the season. Give his foundation a generous donation and Jorge a new car along with a framed home plate and a bronzed catchers mak and glove or maybe silver if they want to glitz it up.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...rge_posada_is_the_exception_under_contra.html

Swisher's option is only $10.25 mil. He'll be back.

They may move Montero for another arm. I like Nova, but he's not a #2.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...0/07/2011-10-07_montero_key_trading_chip.html
You don't think Nova is a #2? He is young and needs a bit more experience in big situations but he is a quality Number 2. What theYanks need beyond hughes is a 3 and 4 if Hughes were to develop a hardslider he could MAYBE move up to the #2 himself. At this point he is showing no interest in perfecting the most difficult pitch to hit. Nova has a fastball that gets into the upper 90s on occasion. his slider is effective and when hs changeup develops he will be flirting with the 20 win number. The pitcher that really concerns me is the way overrated CC whose effectiveness was drastically in decline late in the season. Wh o knows if Colon will be around next year or be effective at his progressing age and conditioning. Lets face Bartolo was more then could have been expected by anyone on the Yankees 'braintrust.

1st - Make sure CC comes back.
2nd - Keep Montero. Period.
3rd - Don't bother with Prince Fielder please.
4th - Goodbye Posada.
5th - Swish needs to come back. I think Nunez provides more value as a trade chip rather than an every day player for the Yankees.
6th - Look into guys like Bruce Chen/Jeff Francis/Paul Maholm before splurging on CJ Wilson. All will get the job done in a 3rd+ starter role and for less. That said - yes I believe Nova is worthy of the #2.
7th - Trade Burnett for a bag of baseballs (or hot dog if bag of baseballs too much.) Give the hot dog to Hank to make sure he stays quiet.

1st - Make sure CC comes back.
2nd - Keep Montero. Period.
3rd - Don't bother with Prince Fielder please.
4th - Goodbye Posada.
5th - Swish needs to come back. I think Nunez provides more value as a trade chip rather than an every day player for the Yankees.
6th - Look into guys like Bruce Chen/Jeff Francis/Paul Maholm before splurging on CJ Wilson. All will get the job done in a 3rd+ starter role and for less. That said - yes I believe Nova is worthy of the #2.
7th - Trade Burnett for a bag of baseballs (or hot dog if bag of baseballs too much.) Give the hot dog to Hank to make sure he stays quiet.
It might be easier to shut Hank up by putting one of those baseballs into it. Unfortunately getting rid of AJ is probably impossible with the help of Tony Soprano and his ilk. If Nunez is a trade chip we had better have a quality utility guy in the system somewhere other then Ramos who looks like a little leaguer on the field with the big boys. Does he shave yet?:eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom