Class of 2014 - Dakari Johnson | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Dakari Johnson

Hey, thank you both for chasing these kids down to get interviews and for passing these interviews along to the forum. Very much appreciated!

Hey, thank you both for chasing these kids down to get interviews and for passing these interviews along to the forum. Very much appreciated!
Of course! Have more good stuff coming this week so keep an eye out. Football and basketball.

I get the feeling we are not going to get another verbal till spring. Im happy as hell that our recruiting is doing better then it ever has and we have some great size and athleticism, but it still seems like we are step away from getting early commits from a top 5-10 guy. Not sure how that going to change unless we get a kid like Ennis whos "dream school" was Cuse, maybe we can build better dorms like UK and change the ozone so its always sunny in CNY, or just get wealthier boosters...idk, but im sick of tying to compete for kids once that slimy d bag and his staff start to show interest in a kid we have been on since day 1. I hate the player and the game.

260086_525452624135772_63782880_n.jpg

Come on Boeheim get a little closer, he doesn't have cooties. You'll be hugging him when he gets you your farewell title.

I love the fact that Dion was in town for this. It can only help!

that pic of the crowd at the football game is so sad

Am I the only one who thinks we should have at least got a blurb in the PS stating how the visit went...even if it is simply "it went well" and no decision is expected soon.

Am I the only one who thinks we should have at least got a blurb in the PS stating how the visit went...even if it is simply "it went well" and no decision is expected soon.
Give it three months and they will get on it...smh. Thank god we have Francis on here to keep us updated on things.

Same thoughts exactly :(
Francis, where do you think we sit with him? Is the unofficial any indication that we're in good shape? Also, with Rak probably jumping after this year (not sure about DC2) .. he'll have a clear shot to come in and make an impact. I'm hearing he's special.

Francis, where do you think we sit with him? Is the unofficial any indication that we're in good shape? Also, with Rak probably jumping after this year (not sure about DC2) .. he'll have a clear shot to come in and make an impact. I'm hearing he's special.
He is definitely a special talent. Think of an young Andrew Bynum without the lazy attitude. As far as his recruitment is concern, I still think it'll be a battle between SU & UK. Calipari has several connects close to Johnson which is my biggest fear in this situation. On the flipside, SU is Dakari's dreamschool and the staff has shown him a lot of love for a long time now. Hopefully we'll come out on top but it'll be a dogfight for his services.

Must be something in the koolaid that everyone is drinking. Rak averaged 11 mpg., under three points and boards per game. Not exactly eye opening stats. Would love to see it, but you better not count on it. The type of improvement that Fab made is very rare. He will need to have gotten a lot better to get time with the frontcourt we have.

He is definitely a special talent. Think of an young Andrew Bynum without the lazy attitude. As far as his recruitment is concern, I still think it'll be a battle between SU & UK. Calipari has several connects close to Johnson which is my biggest fear in this situation. On the flipside, SU is Dakari's dreamschool and the staff has shown him a lot of love for a long time now. Hopefully we'll come out on top but it'll be a dogfight for his services.
Has UK offered Johnson yet? Not that they wont and he wont be handled to head to Lexington regardless at some point but I would have to think we are sitting in a great spot with him. Still, a commitment from Obokoh would be nice for backup and a replacement for Baye.

Has UK offered Johnson yet? Not that they wont and he wont be handled to head to Lexington regardless at some point but I would have to think we are sitting in a great spot with him. Still, a commitment from Obokoh would be nice for backup and a replacement for Baye.

They're still getting the cash together to make the purchase offer and a street agent in place...you can't always do these things overnight you know.

They're still getting the cash together to make the purchase offer and a street agent in place...you can't always do these things overnight you know.
I thought they had a room filled with cash that Cal goes swimming in like that from the Duck tales cartoon.

I thought they had a room filled with cash that Cal goes swimming in like that from the Duck tales cartoon.

Paypalcal likes to get his ducks in a row first and you should have noticed that's what they did in the cartoon as well. You don't survive too long in this business by being sloppy.

Dunno the specifics on the Kentucky side as far as an offer is concerned, but he's most definitely a top target for them.

With the supposed money that transfers in college sports now, I am surprised the Feds aren't looking into more. Hell if the IRS came a knocking on these recruits doors, there might be some top dogs falling!!

saw him at the game hanging out with rak,and he seemed to be having a great time with the boys

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom