Damien Alford Grad Transferring to Utah | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Damien Alford Grad Transferring to Utah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad but whatever. Never came close to realizing potential and his NIL is prob better used elsewhere
Does he lose his NIL if he isn’t on the team?

Good luck to Alford. He made some pretty spectacular catches here. It always felt like he was in the cusp of breaking out but he could never string together the successes. His game winning catch versus VT will forever be how I remember him. I genuinely wish him well and could see him producing for another P5/G5 team.

I wonder if it was a Fran Brown decision or athletic department decision. I’m guessing the former since Fran is very much a his way or the highway kind of guy.

Unfortunate but hope everything works out for him.

That said... maybe he's on his way to the NFL. (absurd posts here about that)

So with a dismissal, that doesn't jeopardize portal entry or anything, does it?

I'm a known Alford skeptic but I didn't want a bad end, and this sounds like a bad one.

Disappointed but, got to move forward.

As alluded, I am certain of many more moves to come next few months, inbound and out.

Probably not connected to this situation but it was interesting hearing Fran talk on the radio the other day about 3 players missing classes and only 1 of them had a legit excuse. I’m assuming those 2 guys were doing a lot of running during winter conditioning. Usually coaches don’t talk about that stuff in public but sounded like he was trying to make a statement that it will not be tolerated.

Probably not connected to this situation but it was interesting hearing Fran talk on the radio the other day about 3 players missing classes and only 1 of them had a legit excuse. I’m assuming those 2 guys were doing a lot of running during winter conditioning. Usually coaches don’t talk about that stuff in public but sounded like he was trying to make a statement that it will not be tolerated.
Well, I know the reality is some of these guys go to play football, not school.

Tone setter?

Zero context on the situation, but wish Damien Alford the best moving forward. I think it’s great that the coaches in our athletic program are setting a high standard for how the players conduct themselves on and off the field/court. It was probably much harder for coaches to motivate players to do that in the few years leading up to NIL. But now that these players are making money off of their NIL, coaches also have more power to implement a standard and culture that they want since players have more incentive for good conduct.

Fran ain't playing around. As he has said outside of the DART mantra wants kids that are committed that he can trust. One other thing in there too that I can't remember. Alford better off spending his last year somewhere else if he wasn't on board anyway, IMO.

C2D8B3E9-15BC-4A3F-B201-5EA2F32CA501.jpeg

Really disappointing to hear. Great size/experience and loaded with (sometimes unrealized) potential. Hope there's an opportunity for him to re-engage.

Wasn’t Damien voted a team captain?

Fran ain't playing around. As he has said outside of the DART mantra wants kids that are committed that he can trust. One other thing in there too that I can't remember. Alford better off spending his last year somewhere else if he wasn't on board anyway, IMO.
Interesting to see if he reaches out to Dino

It's been a strange couple of weeks for the Athletic Department with players leaving and a key recruiting position walking out the door. In Fran we trust so it is what it is.

More on this please? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors