Damien Alford Grad Transferring to Utah | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Damien Alford Grad Transferring to Utah

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he blocked well during his time here.

Best of luck to him in his future endeavors.

I know it’s Alford and not Alfred but I always imagined Michael Caine running the routes.
I think it’s accurate to say he blocked well.

Alford was going to transfer once before

He should have then

He committed to the program for years and hopefully has or will graduate in May.

And hopefully he finds a program where he gets one more year to try and position himself.

As I said before, will be interested to see if Dino has interest or Beck - maybe those programs won't have a spot, maybe there won't be interest.

I don't know what happened here. But if it was what Alford said, I would be disappointed in Fran for the first time. No need to annouce that the kid is dismissed if he was leaving anyway. Just let him go. What would be the point?

I’m going to miss all the “breakout” threads when he goes from 0-1 catches a games to 2-3 for an entire 3 game stretch.

I don't know what happened here. But if it was what Alford said, I would be disappointed in Fran for the first time. No need to annouce that the kid is dismissed if he was leaving anyway. Just let him go. What would be the point?

The issue here isn’t an issue at all.

The issue is that when Pete reported this he used the word “dismissal”

If I am reading everything correctly, I believe this was a mutual parting of ways. Coach Fran Brown using the option to offer someone a scholarship at the school but not have them be apart of the football team and Alford transferring when this talk happened.

Nothing more, nothing less

He’s probably not the first one and won’t be the last one to get this speech.

Sounds like there is a leak within the program, how did Thamel know this?

If I am reading everything correctly, I believe this was a mutual parting of ways. Coach Fran Brown using the option to offer someone a scholarship at the school but not have them be apart of the football team and Alford transferring when this talk happened.

According to Alford's now deleted tweets, he didn't even know he was dismissed until he saw it on social media. I understand Fran's point of view here, no reason to have Alford on the team and put resources towards him if he's leaving. But there's gotta be better communication about it, can't have a coach and player hashing it out in public on twitter. Part of the growing pains of hiring an inexperienced head coach I suppose.

According to Alford's now deleted tweets, he didn't even know he was dismissed until he saw it on social media. I understand Fran's point of view here, no reason to have Alford on the team and put resources towards him if he's leaving. But there's gotta be better communication about it, can't have a coach and player hashing it out in public on twitter. Part of the growing pains of hiring an inexperienced head coach I suppose.
Or there is a leak on the staff.

I don't get that at all. That is why Alford responded the way he did. Pete doesn't make a mistake like that. He knows the difference between a parting of the ways and a dismissal.

There's always a learning curve for everyone.

I am the biggest Fran Brown fan on this board. I sent money to the collective after seeing him speak for the first time. But this could have been handled a lot better. It's the type of mistake you make when you are new at a job.
Assuming that's the case, he'll likely make a few other new guy mistakes.

Am I missing something or is WR a position we aren’t exactly flying high on behind Orande?

Surprised he didn't leave after the bowl game with OGII back and all the new comers. Enough talent (and experience) to stay P4.

Harsh but probably doing him a favor.

never had confidence in Alford tbh. Never was a go to guy. Made some plays, but I like consistency in wide outs. I think we can upgrade with his available scholly.
There is no available scholly... we are at 91 right now... 6 over the limit.

Absolutely there is no reason for any departure like this to be messy if there are no legal charges or the like. Assuming there isn't a smoking gun urinal type incident we are unaware of players have left quietly for far worse without publicly being 'dismissed.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom