Damien Alford Grad Transferring to Utah | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Damien Alford Grad Transferring to Utah

Status
Not open for further replies.
PopThis can still occur even if you felt it was in your best interest to transfer, let it be known when originally asked. Joe Girard is a perfect example, my gosh
That’s the left turn this thread needs for some true excitement and pure entertainment!
Pop Corn GIF by WWE

I think too many people here overlooked what SUDadx2 posted

The man drops nuggets and truth bombs if you pay close enough attention
That’s what scares me. Now I’ll get accused of being over dramatic, and then I wind up questioning my own state of mind… vicious cycle

That’s what scares me. Now I’ll get accused of being over dramatic, and then I wind up questioning my own state of mind… vicious cycle
I think too many people here overlooked what SUDadx2 posted

The man drops nuggets and truth bombs if you pay close enough attention
You guys are soft. you think you land this recruiting class by saying a couple our fathers. Get a grip. Fran’s out there competing in this disgusting business but you still want your jockey boxer briefs to be lily white.

I’m just not sure how this looks bad on Coach?

Some of you out there are looking to seize the tiniest things to sink the Syracuse athletic program. You may need to reevaluate if you’re a fan or a hater.

We are TIGHT TIGHT on schollies right now and Coach Fran is trying to do what he can to turn the roster over but also not burn any of the kids that WERE on this team.

Alford came to him and said he was likely transferring.

Coach Fran Brown has the opportunity, as a new head coach, to hold up the universities end of the scholarship but remove someone from the team and open up a scholarship.

If Alford, who has been meh at best, wasn’t sure he wanted to be around, I would have done the same thing if in Coach Browns shoes. Removed him from the program and let him finish his degree at Syracuse. One less problem to worry about.

Alford clearly wanted to play games and Coach Fran isn’t about that.
It’s much ado about nothing - bored people latching on to something quasi controversial. The majority of us could really care less (myself included).

Clearly many people care
Ppl living in a fantasy world that he’s going to figure it out. Problem is he won’t and he ends up hurt us. Thankfully our coach knew it was time for the team to move on.

Ppl living in a fantasy world that he’s going to figure it out. Problem is he won’t and he ends up hurt us. Thankfully our coach knew it was time for the team to move on.
what does “figure it out” mean to you? He had 610 yards last year, that’s isnt a bad year. Would it be nice if he has 1000? Of course, but it would also be nice if they had a real QB for half the season.

So, both Thamel and Emily are lying. For what purpose. Especially for Emily when she has to deal with Fran and the University going forward.

Come on, Dash. You know better.

Boy do people like creating drama around here. Worse than a bunch of elementary school moms.

Kid is no longer with the team end of story.

IF he said he was transferring or missed any kind of team function - unexcused - then his dismissal is good and I like the way it was handled. Change the culture.

His departure won’t be noticed.
Exactly. We were specifically told there were cultural issues that needed to be fixed straight from Villari’s mouth. If Alford decided again, that he wanted to transfer, after the the portal was closed, but was still part of the team, and missing workouts/community service, he should have been dismissed to be made an example of. You’re either with us or against us. I give Fran the benefit of the doubt for wanting to set the tone for the culture he expects for this program, and if he wanted to use the word dismissed because others saw a 5th year Sr missing out on workouts/community service, even if it was because he planned to transfer, then so be it.

Last edited:
Exactly. We were specifically told there were cultural issues that needed to be fixed straight from Villari’s mouth. If Alford decided again, that he wanted to transfer, after the the portal was closed, but was still part of the team, and missing workouts/community service, he should have been dismissed to be made an example of. You’re either with us or against us. I give Fran the benefit of the doubt for wanting to set the tone for the culture he expects for this program, and if he wanted to use the word dismissed because others saw a 5th year Sr missing out on workouts/community service, then so be it.
How do you know he missed workouts/community service.

Would the coaching staff have asked him to stay if he was doing that?

You guys are soft. you think you land this recruiting class by saying a couple our fathers. Get a grip. Fran’s out there competing in this disgusting business but you still want your jockey boxer briefs to be lily white.
Im a Saxx guy, strongly recommend them, hug your boys like no tomorrow.

How do you know he missed workouts/community service.

Would the coaching staff have asked him to stay if he was doing that?
It was posted by someone in the first couple pages.

Khalil Amad resigns after only a few months, Alford is dismissed and the newly hired nutritionist has gone missing. The plot thickens
And almost all of it can be summed as “oh no anyways…”

People don’t want to know how the sausage is made. Plain and simple
Spot on. Fran inherited a soft team. DART is real.
If you watch and listen to him it is crystal clear that Fran is one tough mother. He isn't going to F around with anyone. He's as black and white as you will find.
Damien said he was planning on leaving the team. Damien didn't leave. Just that he was planning to go. Fran asked him for a commitment. Basically said Sh or get off the pot.
When Damien didn't commit to staying he was dismissed.
It wasn't mutual. Fran gave him an opportunity to stay. Asked for his commitment. Damien didn't give it and good kid, captain, whatever didn't matter. He didn't step up and was dismissed. Black or white. Simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom