Damien Alford Grad Transferring to Utah | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Damien Alford Grad Transferring to Utah

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG i read in this thread that Coach Brown has some chinks in his Armor, holy cow what will i do, I have found out a Football coach is not perfect but is maybe just a man a human man with faults like everyone else , oh what a let down i might not be able to carry on.

The only thing i might add is that i think the people saying he might not be a players coach are wrong. I think if you follow his rules , and get educated and do some community service and give your all to the program he will take all kinds of slings and arrows for you cause those are the things he promised your parents he would do is make sure your son gets an education and becomes a better man. He will keep his word on that.

However if you dont live up to that and are wishy washy as lots of young people are (and i might add older people) he is probably not going to have much patience for you.

If you’re still struggling, maybe consider that this thread is heading toward its 19th page.

Obviously not newsworthy. Nope, not at all. Should have been ignored.
What’s your problem?

I’m talking about thamel. Not us nut jobs on here.

My “problem” is your presumption in thinking you understand what constitutes news better than a professional journalist, even in the face of considerable evidence that you’re wrong.

OMG i read in this thread that Coach Brown has some chinks in his Armor, holy cow what will i do, I have found out a Football coach is not perfect but is maybe just a man a human man with faults like everyone else , oh what a let down i might not be able to carry on.

The only thing i might add is that i think the people saying he might not be a players coach are wrong. I think if you follow his rules , and get educated and do some community service and give your all to the program he will take all kinds of slings and arrows for you cause those are the things he promised your parents he would do is make sure your son gets an education and becomes a better man. He will keep his word on that.

However if you dont live up to that and are wishy washy as lots of young people are (and i might add older people) he is probably not going to have much patience for you.

Not being a players coach doesn’t mean that you won’t take slings and arrows

It means that you will be disciplined and require a certain level of expectations. It’s not a fun free for all where the players pick and choose what they do and what they don’t do. A players coach is viewed generally as more “fun” and less disciplined.

What you described, in my opinion, is the exact opposite of a players coach.

And my personal opinion is that’s a great thing. This team needs some discipline and accountability. Coach Fran would take a bullet for his players, as long as they are 100% committed to him.

Culture change is huge and real for this team. It’s literally night and day from what was under Dino Babers

It means that you will be disciplined and require a certain level of expectations. It’s not a fun free for all where the players pick and choose what they do and what they don’t do. A players coach is viewed generally as more “fun” and less disciplined.

And my personal opinion is that’s a great thing. This team needs some discipline and accountability. Coach Fran would take a bullet for his players, as long as they are 100% committed to him.

Culture change is huge and real for this team. It’s literally night and day from what was under Dino Babers
And is was sorely needed. Culture builds programs. We know we needed improvements in that area. They certainly are coming.

My “problem” is your presumption in thinking you understand what constitutes news better than a professional journalist, even in the face of considerable evidence that you’re wrong.
Are you really using this thread as evidence that something is newsworthy to the general public?

I'm so glad to hear this!

I want our head coach to be clearly in charge, even a little feared, but well respected by all team members & staff. Everyone is not going to like you (Fran) all the time, and that's ok. He has to push these guys to get better and demand more out of them. Once they see the results and realize he has their best interests at heart, they will be better for it, both as a team & individually. A head coach cannot be everyone's best friend and be successful. Doesn't work in Little League and sure as heck doesn't work at the D1 level.

cool

You most certainly are not a hater, def was not aimed at you. And very much understandable. Hopefully if that is the case learning can occur for the benefit of all. I truly appreciate your insight, GoSU

And to further clarify, certainly anyone offering an objective opinion on their own. Specifically as it relates to the protection of the student athlete, that certainly should be primary. There just seems to be pre-existing history and as people as stated some potential missteps in terms of communication. I really do not know. With Thamel being involved, seems odd, Maybe a leak, Do not know. Concerning Emily, I personally cannot stand the Post Standard. I feel For the most part, once again for the most part they are a bunch of vultures. Especially on the football side. Concerning negativity, I was just stating no matter what there is always going to be people who complain where it has to be perfect in order to keep your mouth shut from a coaching perspective, recruiting, NIL or what ever. I am a grad, and definitely get behind our teams especially if the coach who has good motives with the players best interests at heart with a massive will to compete. Team sports. Has so many benefits, Syracuse University was and is such a special place for me. Much gratitude

True. Nor is there anyway to know that he isn't telling the truth. What is the upside for Syracuse saying that he was dismissed? Just let him go.
I do not know what transpired, but if a player came to me and said he was considering transferring. I would have said do not consider it, tell me now are you or are you not. If he could not or would not answer that, I would have told him he was no longer on the team. What else would you call that but dismissed?

Matthew Broderick Jewish GIF

This is a very bad take. To say the coach made a mistake is hating on the program? To think that he doesn't sit at the right hand of the father is a knock on him? The kid as you said is leaving the program. Just let him go. We picked up the ship when he said he was leaving. The word dismissed is a strong word. Kids get dismissed for usually doing something wrong. What games was Alford looking to play when he told the coach he wanted to leave? And how is it being a hater when you love the program, give money to the program, but can see when something is done wrong?
No he did not say he was leaving. He said he was considering, it was the equivocation that is a problem, and if he would not give a definitive answer then the coach would have little choice but to dismiss him from the team.

But guys can leave on their own terms and the University shouldn't spin it to look like they made the call if they didn't. I think this whole issue is nothing, but whoever from the school said "dismissed" if in fact he said he was leaving, made a mistake.
He never said he was definitely leaving, that is/was the problem that would have necessitated dismissal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom