Dan Johnson Orangeyes Open August 8th; Now Accepting Payments | Syracusefan.com

Dan Johnson Orangeyes Open August 8th; Now Accepting Payments

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
DJ.png

Dan Johnson on the 1st Tee at Liverpool Country Club (Niko Tamurian Picture)

Please note that the second annual Orangeyes Open will be held this summer at Foxfire Golf Course at Village Green near Baldwinsville, about a 10 minute drive from downtown Syracuse.

The tournament will be played on Saturday August 8th. It will start at noon and dinner will be served at about 5 pm. The event is designed to honor the memory of Dan Johnson, a dear friend to many on this board and in the Syracuse sports family. All proceeds to go to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America.

Note that effective June 1st we are taking payment for golf or dinner. Please use Paypal to send your payment, along with the name(s) of the people the payment is for, to sutomcat @ hotmail.com. If you don't want to use Paypal, contact@OrangeOnions or sutomcat via the board Inbox and get instructions on how to pay via check (or cash).

Cost will be the same as last year, $80 for golf and dinner, $27 for dinner only. For planning purposes, those interested in playing or attending dinner, please indicate the number of people you think you will bring below. Thank you...

Last edited:
Please note that the second annual Orangeyes Open will be held this summer at Foxfire Golf Course at Village Green near Baldwinsville, about a 10 minute drive from downtown Syracuse.

The tournament will be played on Saturday August 8th. It will start at noon and dinner will be served at About 5 pm. The event is designed to honor the memory of Dan Johnson, a dear friend to many on this board and in the Syracuse sports family. All proceeds to go to fight Crohn's disease.

Cost is expected to be the same as last year, $80 for golf and dinner, $27 for dinner only. For planning purposes, those interested in playing or attending dinner, please indicate the number of people you think you will bring below. Thank you...

I'm not a golfer, but I might head back to town for this event, as a tribute to Dan.

Ugh. I have a wedding in Toronto on August 23. Was hoping to do both of these. Will have to wait and see how much time I can leave work behind, and what else I can do on the east coast. May have to wait to come next year. But it is something I will look at as time gets closer.
Some thoughts that my other son has crohn's. If he tests positive, and both of my sons have it, I will be at every friggin fundraiser I can for sure.

It looks like I'm out for this year. Apparently you're only allowed to take so many days of leave a year, and I have to save everything I have for Atlantis. I will get a hold of the old man, and see if he is interested in playing again, and maybe putting a team together from PY. I will keep ya posted.

I've got even better - Marsh01 and DCCuse!

Marsh says he'll go topless if you want.

(But actually, if you're interested and don't have a foursome, CuseTroop can't make it so we only have 3 at the moment)

That would really be a bad visual.

Tom I am tentatively in but wont know unfortunately until a day or two prior for sure unfortunately.

My calendar is clear. I'm a definite. Will likely have a foursome together as summer approaches. Tomcat...if there is anything I can do to help, please let me know. Looking forward to participating this year.
Outstanding Obie. If there is anything you can have donated for the silent auction or prizes for the golf that would be great. Just post them here. That goes for anyone participating as well. It's all about having a great time, remembering my father and raising dollars for the cause.

The tournament will be played on Saturday August 8th. It will start at noon and dinner will be served at About 5 pm. The event is designed to honor the memory of Dan Johnson, a dear friend to many on this board and in the Syracuse sports family. All proceeds to go to fight Crohn's disease.

Cost is expected to be the same as last year, $80 for golf and dinner, $27 for dinner only. For planning purposes, those interested in playing or attending dinner, please indicate the number of people you think you will bring below. Thank you...

I am definately putting this on our calendar. Would hate to miss it. Last year was bittersweet, with just losing Danny a few weeks before. But, it was great to be with family and friends and to be witness to the raising of funds for such a worthy cause. Danny would be so proud.

I do have a question thought...will this be benefiting Crohn's disease or Ulcerative Colitis? Thanks...Linda

I am definately putting this on our calendar. Would hate to miss it. Last year was bittersweet, with just losing Danny a few weeks before. But, it was great to be with family and friends and to be witness to the raising of funds for such a worthy cause. Danny would be so proud.

I do have a question thought...will this be benefiting Crohn's disease or Ulcerative Colitis? Thanks...Linda

Good to see you on the board Cousin Linda. All proceeds benefit the Crohn's And Colitis Foundation.

Hey tomcat, when do you need to know by?
Not for a good long time. Sometime in late July. Right now we are just trying to gauge how many people we should expect for golf and/or dinner. If you think you will be coming, please let OrangeOnions or me know in this thread, or via a private PM (EZInBox).

Tom I wont know for sure until we get closer (wife surely will suprise me with some event or function) but I would like to attend at least the dinner. I haven't golfed in probably 15 years but maybe if theres a group willing to listen to my Don Rickles type humor for a few hours Ill think about it.

Tom I wont know for sure until we get closer (wife surely will suprise me with some event or function) but I would like to attend at least the dinner. I haven't golfed in probably 15 years but maybe if theres a group willing to listen to my Don Rickles type humor for a few hours Ill think about it.
There is Jeremy, of this I am sure. I will hook you up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom