Dan Johnson Orangeyes Open Today; Looking for 2 Singles To Fill Out Teams (Not Too Late) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Johnson Orangeyes Open Today; Looking for 2 Singles To Fill Out Teams (Not Too Late)

As long as you enjoy it, score doesn't matter my friend.
That would be true if I was near my group of friends. I was and still am on my right side very strong . Icould drivee the ball far and away. The "away" was a perfect sliceout of sight and mind I only birdied one hole. The fairway was a dogleg left . The tee was over looking the fairway with a group of trees covering the path to the left. I clubbed the ball long and high over the trees to fairway "center" I was able to put a 7iron on to the green putted in for my big moment on the course.After that was an embarrassment.

Looking for a golf game to get in playing shape for the Dan Johnson Memorial Tournament. I've relocated to NY for the summer & fall and am working on a project in Binghamton but would love to play with SU fans anywhere in CNY preferably during the week. I'm also looking for playing partners for the DJ. Please hit me up if you would Like someone to play with..

Me, Mrs. Kueth, maybe Stevenson, and maybe Stevenson's brother-in-law.

Edit: No Stevenson or brother-in-law this year so we'll need two others to complete a foursome.

Last edited:
Guys, don't worry if you don't have a foursome. Tomcat will set up a foursome for you. Just let him know that you will be there (and a payment at this point would help too; see the payment edit to his original post).

I have a foursome but will not be able to pay until end of the month if this is OK ( June )

Does anyone need a 4th? If so, this guy is interested.

(To add some credentials, I am the defending Orange Pack Champion at Seneca Falls.)

If that doesn't matter, I'm really good at drinking and making drinks on the cart.

1KxSu5c

Dan Johnson on the 1st Tee at Liverpool (Niko Tamurian picture)

Please note that the second annual Orangeyes Open will be held this summer at Foxfire Golf Course at Village Green near Baldwinsville, about a 10 minute drive from downtown Syracuse.

The tournament will be played on Saturday August 8th. It will start at noon and dinner will be served at about 5 pm. The event is designed to honor the memory of Dan Johnson, a dear friend to many on this board and in the Syracuse sports family. All proceeds to go to fight Crohn's disease.

Note that effective June 1st we are taking payment for golf or dinner. Please use Paypal to send your payment, along with the name(s) of the people the payment is for, to sutomcat @ hotmail.com. If you don't want to use Paypal, contact OrangeOnions or sutomcat via the board Inbox and get instructions on how to pay via check (or cash).

Cost is expected to be the same as last year, $80 for golf and dinner, $27 for dinner only. For planning purposes, those interested in playing or attending dinner, please indicate the number of people you think you will bring below. Thank you...

Two for dinner only - just sent payment to tomcat.

(To add some credentials, I am the defending Orange Pack Champion at Seneca Falls.)

If that doesn't matter, I'm really good at drinking and making drinks on the cart.
I'm looking for a foursome as well. I've been playing and am really looking forward to the outing.

Last edited:
I'm in. Suck at golf, but if every beer drank counts as a stroke off, I have some valuable contributions to make. I may be a free agent looking to join a team.

I'll dump Marsh for you in a heartbeat. :)

Still seeking a team if anyone needs a player or seeking three others that would like to put together a team.

I haven't played the course where the outing will be held so I'm going to check it out tomorrow, Tuesday August 4th, if anyone is interested in playing as well. Send me a PM if interested...

I have a team of three that want to pay on Saturday is that ok ( me dcuse dcuse brother

I have a team of three that want to pay on Saturday is that ok ( me dcuse dcuse brother
Yes. We can probably pair you with a fourth if you like.

It is not too late to play. If you are interested, EZ Inbox me or OrangeOnions ASAP.

I haven't played the course where the outing will be held so I'm going to check it out tomorrow, Tuesday August 4th, if anyone is interested in playing as well. Send me a PM if interested...
So, I played Foxfire today and it was nice. With captain and crew, there should be some good scores. There will be lots of birdie opportunities. The greens are mostly large, fun to putt, and with a little frost damage in places. It was dry today and the ball was rolling a long way. Should be a fun day. On the way back, I've been exploring a bit and found dinosaur bbq. It's the first time I've been here and it's as good as forecast. Seems like a strange location but nice.

So, I played Foxfire today and it was nice. With captain and crew, there should be some good scores. There will be lots of birdie opportunities. The greens are mostly large, fun to putt, and with a little frost damage in places. It was dry today and the ball was rolling a long way. Should be a fun day. On the way back, I've been exploring a bit and found dinosaur bbq. It's the first time I've been here and it's as good as forecast. Seems like a strange location but nice.
Ok...checked off some bucket items today..dinosaur, Manny's, the Varsity, & Faegans

Just got into the area last night. Have no plans today. If anyone wants to get together for drinks, hit some balls, or dinner - lets do it!

Good luck tomorrow. Will be thinking of you. Crohn's sucks. My son is suffering but hanging in there. Hopefully will be there next summer.