Dan Johnson Orangeyes Open Today; Looking for 2 Singles To Fill Out Teams (Not Too Late) | Syracusefan.com

Dan Johnson Orangeyes Open Today; Looking for 2 Singles To Fill Out Teams (Not Too Late)

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
DJ.png

Dan Johnson on the 1st Tee at Liverpool (Niko Tamurian picture)

Please note that the second annual Orangeyes Open will be held this summer at Foxfire Golf Course at Village Green near Baldwinsville, about a 10 minute drive from downtown Syracuse.

The tournament will be played on Saturday August 8th. It will start at noon and dinner will be served at about 5 pm. The event is designed to honor the memory of Dan Johnson, a dear friend to many on this board and in the Syracuse sports family. All proceeds to go to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America.

Note that effective June 1st we are taking payment for golf or dinner. Please use Paypal to send your payment, along with the name(s) of the people the payment is for, to sutomcat @ hotmail.com. If you don't want to use Paypal, contact OrangeOnions or sutomcat via the board Inbox and get instructions on how to pay via check (or cash).

Cost is expected to be the same as last year, $80 for golf and dinner, $27 for dinner only. For planning purposes, those interested in playing or attending dinner, please indicate the number of people you think you will bring below. Thank you...

Last edited:
I suck at golf. Bowling tournament you got a competition. However I will absolutely be there.
You should bring some of your colleagues like Jeremiah and Jason. They would enjoy it (I think).

Perfect, 3 days before camp starts. Me +3...

Tournament style, correct? Capt. N Crew? Best Ball?

Well - fate may have it that I will be in BVille that weekend (for a wedding on that Friday night). I have to double check the date - but if anyone needs an extra for their 4some - I am game. What I lack in golf skill, I make up in hilarious banter and beer drinking skill.

Well - fate may have it that I will be in BVille that weekend (for a wedding on that Friday night). I have to double check the date - but if anyone needs an extra for their 4some - I am game. What I lack in golf skill, I make up in hilarious banter and beer drinking skill.

Confirmed. Count me in - I'm officially a free agent. Who wants to wine and dine me?

JackBauer44 said:
Confirmed. Count me in - I'm officially a free agent. Who wants to wine and dine me?

Oh word? Now I gotta go

Might make the trip up for this. Which hotel is the Official Hotel of the Orangeyes Open??
Hotels of CNY, make us an offer. We are looking for sponsors of all shapes and sizes...

OrangeTown, I think we have a perfect addition for our squad.

Aye, I believe it seems that way. He can't replace Adam, but why would we actually want someone to? :)

JB would you be interested?

Theoretically it would be me, you, DCCuse, and Marsh01. There is a slight chance Marsh will be unavailable but won't know until closer to the tournament.

267220764.jpg

Please note that the second annual Orangeyes Open will be held this summer at Foxfire Golf Course at Village Green near Baldwinsville, about a 10 minute drive from downtown Syracuse.

The tournament will be played on Saturday August 8th. It will start at noon and dinner will be served at about 5 pm. The event is designed to honor the memory of Dan Johnson, a dear friend to many on this board and in the Syracuse sports family. All proceeds to go to fight Crohn's disease.

Cost is expected to be the same as last year, $80 for golf and dinner, $27 for dinner only. For planning purposes, those interested in playing or attending dinner, please indicate the number of people you think you will bring below. Thank you...
I wish I could join you . i've actually learned more about the game and swing since my CVA. At my recovery facility the television channels were very limited. Not even CNN but the golf network was there and being desperate I watch and learned why I was a s#tty golfer. I was pathetic that even when dreaming about golf I was terrible. I never had a pro instructing me so the big part of keeping the arm straight never clicked correctly.

I wish I could join you . i've actually learned more about the game and swing since my CVA. At my recovery facility the television channels were very limited. Not even CNN but the golf network was there and being desperate I watch and learned why I was a s#tty golfer. I was pathetic that even when dreaming about golf I was terrible. I never had a pro instructing me so the big part of keeping the arm straight never clicked correctly.
As long as you enjoy it, score doesn't matter my friend.