Danny Hurley who went 8-21 last year turns down Rutgers HC job | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Danny Hurley who went 8-21 last year turns down Rutgers HC job

@StevePoliti: From a source: Rutgers offered Dan Hurley less guaranteed than he's making at Rhode Island. If true, not a positive sign for the hire.

Woof!

Apparently they lowballed Hurley. Offered him less guaranteed money than he's currently making.

Nothing screams small time like trying to lure a new coach by offering him a cut in pay.
Obviously they offered him hoping he would turn it down. Bush league move by a bush league school.

Apparently they lowballed Hurley. Offered him less guaranteed money than he's currently making.

Nothing screams small time like trying to lure a new coach by offering him a cut in pay.

They are on the hook for a lot of $$$ from the Rice/Pernetti deals, on top of running at a deficit from the Schiano errah (Francesa voice). That Big 10 money can't come quickly enough for them.

They are on the hook for a lot of $$$ from the Rice/Pernetti deals, on top of running at a deficit from the Schiano errah (Francesa voice). That Big 10 money can't come quickly enough for them.
If you're gonna do Francesa, you must properly pronounce the school--it's "Rutgizz".

According to the posts on the Girls board, there are some who believe that the reason Hurley turned them down was that he wanted an 8 year contract and was offered a 5 year package. I guess he rightly believes that 5 years is not long enough to turn that mess around. If true, that plus the low ball $ offer doomed them from the start. Until they get an AD, that job will be an even more difficult sell to a qualified coach.

According to the posts on the Girls board, there are some who believe that the reason Hurley turned them down was that he wanted an 8 year contract and was offered a 5 year package. I guess he rightly believes that 5 years is not long enough to turn that mess around. If true, that plus the low ball $ offer doomed them from the start. Until they get an AD, that job will be an even more difficult sell to a qualified coach.

If a coach needs a long enough contract to turn that program around...a 25 year contract at the least would be needed...

Danny Hurley is a complete nutbag. His antics during games are incredible.

Rutgers should make a run at Andy O'Toole. He's young and is a good face to completely rebuild a program around.
You know Andy Toole followed the same path as Mike Rice, right? Pitt and Robert Morris. He's gonna be incredible but Rutgers can't touch him...and he wouldn't go there.

Why would anyone want to coach in a warm dumpster?

Why would anyone want to coach in a warm dumpster?
I believe RU has already announced that they are NOT going to replace the embarassing dumpster that is the RAC with a real arena; they are going to renovate it instead. What are they going to do, polish the cement blocks and regrout?

At this point, it should be clear to everyone. RU has no interest in fielding winning teams. They want their share of the B1G money and are going to spend the absolute minimum they can on athletics to maximize the amount of money they can make. Look at what they were willing to pay for a football coach. Look at what they are willing to do with the RAC. Look at what they are willing to pay for a basketball coach.

They are going to be the Chicago Cubs of college athletics, except their money comes from the B1G instead of from Whigleyville yuppies. Rutgers, aka The Jersey Leech.

Leech%20Hirudolab.gif

They called me last week. My record last year was 13944 beers - 20000 shots of jamo...

Turned em down. I'll hold out for a better job

20000 shots of jamo... i just threw up thinking about that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom