Class of 2019 - Danny Maltz to Maryland | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 Danny Maltz to Maryland

Welp 1 brother followed the other to Cuse and left for Maryland. Maybe it reverses itself?

Dan Maltz, Attack, Stone Bridge (Va.)/Black Wolf and SweetLax
There was no attackman more precise, more crisp, as a feeder and off-ball player than Dan Maltz, the younger brother of current Maryland attackman Dylan Maltz and former Syracuse attackman Derek Maltz. The youngest Maltz, like Derek at his age, is still thin, but his understanding of the game is impressive as he was able to quarterback his team effectively throughout the three days and produced a lot of points along the way. He can finish on the crease and inside mid-range like Derek, showing seemingly pre-programmed quick stick but also the ability to crank up and hit the top shelf repeatedly with the same release from the wing. But he is also effective initiating like Dylan with a quick first step, keeping his head up and looking to move the ball with his hard passes. The ball was in and out of his stick in transition, where he was dangerous. The righty just knows where to be off ball, a lot like his oldest brother. He is always looking for a way to make a play, with and without the ball. He was one of the most productive attackmen whenever he was on the field, very unselfish in making the extra pass, and he can do it deceptively and almost machine-like with his consistent mechanics. Dan The Man was a standout at other events we attended this summer, so look for more on him.

http://3drising.com/3d-rising/jake-reed039s-nike-blue-chip-2019-standouts-2015-edition

Thanks for posting the report.
I'd like to get excited about it, but 2019 is a long ways off.

Come on, you knew Danny Maltz wasn't going to Syracuse.
Some junior highlights for Danny:

:)

Maltz Sr has definitely not gotten over moving his eldest from starting attack to second midfield senior year. Cost us his other kin.

Maltz Sr has definitely not gotten over moving his eldest from starting attack to second midfield senior year. Cost us his other kin.
I don't get that. If this is real, I'm surprised. If I remember correctly, Derek Jr posted on social media some conservative view points, which I imagine he inherited from his father (or both parents). I would think that his father would also believe in a meritocracy, and we all know Staats was better than Derek Jr.

There are other things to consider:
UMd is fairly close to the Maltz's home.
Dylan Maltz seemed to have a good experience at UMd, helping the Terps to a title.
UMd might be a little cheaper, even out-of-state.

Perhaps the Derek Maltz thing was more of a catalyst, i.e., it got them thinking about other choices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom