DART for SU MBB | Syracusefan.com

DART for SU MBB

ManleyRocks

Walk On
Just watched Coach Red’s press conference from last night. His press conferences are transparent without the coach speak. He says what he sees and it is what we see. There are no mysteries.

The players have opened the door for a meaningful re-set going forward. They have brought this on themselves. This is not the play ground.

I hope Coach Red applies DART to his program. Using DART as the foundational underpinnings, there are at least 3 players who should not be returning next year (of which 2 should not play anymore this year). I suspect a couple of others may leave too for various reasons.

Need to set the terms for what it takes to be allowed in the boat. This may result in some of the supposedly “better” players being left behind. And so be it. Time for the rebuild to truly begin in earnest.

These players need to look in the mirror. See what type of season they want!!!!!

Just watched Coach Red’s press conference from last night. His press conferences are transparent without the coach speak. He says what he sees and it is what we see. There are no mysteries.

The players have opened the door for a meaningful re-set going forward. They have brought this on themselves. This is not the play ground.

I hope Coach Red applies DART to his program. Using DART as the foundational underpinnings, there are at least 3 players who should not be returning next year (of which 2 should not play anymore this year). I suspect a couple of others may leave too for various reasons.

Need to set the terms for what it takes to be allowed in the boat. This may result in some of the supposedly “better” players being left behind. And so be it. Time for the rebuild to truly begin in earnest.
Just level setting, while Fran’s DART philosophy is catchy and easy to understand, he actually hasn’t coached a game yet so we have no idea how effective he will be as a coach. Red needs to figure out his own coaching philosophy and he needs to do it quickly. Every blowout loss he has is one step closer to the fans losing faith in Red.

Just level setting, while Fran’s DART philosophy is catchy and easy to understand, he actually hasn’t coached a game yet so we have no idea how effective he will be as a coach. Red needs to figure out his own coaching philosophy and he needs to do it quickly. Every blowout loss he has is one step closer to the fans losing faith in Red.

No, Fran has not coached a game yet, but that is a separate conversation from him coming in and resetting a culture. That’s the first thing that has to be done in a coaching change is reset the culture and player accountability is huge.

Red could not change the existing culture because he was already a part of the existing culture. ( and so were his assistants). For Red to turn this around there are going to have to be some hard conversations maybe with his staff and with his players.

No, Fran has not coached a game yet, but that is a separate conversation from him coming in and resetting a culture. That’s the first thing that has to be done in a coaching change is reset the culture and player accountability is huge.

Red could not change the existing culture because he was already a part of the existing culture. ( and so were his assistants). For Red to turn this around there are going to have to be some hard conversations maybe with his staff and with his players.
Well said.

Id imagine the boosters are being pushed hard for NIL for the 2025 class.

That's a make or break class.

Not to mention any impact transfers this off-season

Again, if the program is in a similar spot next season or Year 3 then Autry is coaching for his job which is fine. I think he gave every player a fair shake and this off-season will turnover the squad.

I think he has been more than patient with some dudes, & even some dudes like Benny that I preached patience with.

With the tournament a fantasy at this point, it's time for the reset. I hope it happens.

If you are complaining about last nights loss you can't bitch because this team doesn't know how to put the ball in the hole. Game after game they stand there and throw up 3's and seldom connect. Let him get some players in the future that can at least give him a chance.
I’m not complaining about anything, I was asking a couple questions.

Did the boosters have a say in who was the next head coach? Did we do a national search?
We were nowhere near North Carolina or Duke during this transition. Certainly easy to see. We, however, believe the transition was correct, and Red is the man based upon our history; how about we make some new history? I really appreciate coach Red's postgame apology. It makes me believe in him even more. There is always going to be naysayers. I do not believe this coach will stand pat for anything, most importantly integrity itself. No matter what, we were going to need to fight

Again, if the program is in a similar spot next season or Year 3 then Autry is coaching for his job which is fine. I think he gave every player a fair shake and this off-season will turnover the squad.
Coach Red did give everyone a fair shake which is important in demonstrating his character to the outside world. I hope Coach Red and his assistants are meeting this morning in the glass conference room with the door closed reviewing and revision the plan for the next 3 years given the facts as they now know them. As an employee you know it is never good when senior management is huddled up early in the morning. In the age of NIL, players are employees. No more unspoken arrangement where you get to stay on the team for four years unless you date someone else’s girlfriend.

More importantly, it will cause recruits to begin to doubt if Red can lead them to being a better team than this.

Not true. Fran was not a part of the search. He was not a candidate until he took his own action. Trust me on that

Wildhack said as much. Fran called him.

How do we know Fran has reset the culture? He’s done a great job selling the vision to recruits and transfers but we don’t know how that will translate on the field. Red also brought in top transfers. He didn’t have a chance to land any high school recruits but landed Freeman in his first cycle. Red’s transfers have largely been busts or injuries, but I don’t know how people can compare Red to Fran and say Fran is doing it better. Results are still TBD for Fran.

Yup and the even more baseline starting point that Fran is using for the culture reset are 3 questions that Red needs to be asking imo

1. Do you Care
2. Are you Committed
3. Can I trust you

I don't care what your trying to achieve, if you are leading other humans, I can not possibly think of 3 more important questions to be answered affirmatively from your team

I have a feeling Red was trying to be tough but also giving these guys every opportunity to be on board without him turning into as task master, but given what he knows is at stake, I have no question that he will flip the script and the players will be dealing with a completely different dynamic.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom