Day Nineteen Fall Football Practice: #23 8/25/16 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Day Nineteen Fall Football Practice: #23 8/25/16

Just to add on a couple of things...

-This is also a relatively new system that has drawn a handful of schools out of football obscurity. Wait a while for those now successful programs to start recruiting at a higher level and you'll eventually see more pro QBs. In the end, it's about talent and not system.

-If the system is holding kids back from making the leap to the pros, then how do we explain the fact that an increasing number of pro teams are adopting elements from the zone read offense?

I tend to defend the media quite often ... But that is a lazy question.

I see this post every single year from the Jets & Bills & Phins fans but at the end of the season it's the same ol' thing.

The best QB in the league will not be playing forever.

The best QB in the league will not be playing forever.
You don't know that for sure...

Screen-Shot-2015-08-19-at-10.33.50-AM.png

Syracuse football, gentlemen. Syracuse football.

There's an entire Other Sports board. In fact, the NFL thread is pretty hot right now - Alsacs vs. The Kaiser - steel cage death match. ;)

I love hearing Babers talk about NOT being emotional on the sidelines and his job during a game being like a teaching assistant who is there to correct any mistakes that a player makes. A breath of fresh air after watching Shafer come unglued during games and post game pressers.
I'm sure when the team loses he will be criticized for lacking "fire."

I'm sure when the team loses he will be criticized for lacking "fire."

tis true.

I've seen Babers hot on officials before. Babers won't be seen screaming fU to an opposing coach or undressing a player like Gump did, but he's far from stoic on the sidelines. He's like most coaches.

With some of the clowns we have covering this team, I wonder how many games it takes until he pulls a "boeheim" and flips on a reporter?

I'd say by game 7 someone gets it.

bnoro said:
With some of the clowns we have covering this team, I wonder how many games it takes until he pulls a "boeheim" and flips on a reporter? I'd say by game 7 someone gets it.

"An anonymous poll said that Eric Dungey is the most overrated QB in the ACC. Thoughts?"

With some of the clowns we have covering this team, I wonder how many games it takes until he pulls a "boeheim" and flips on a reporter?

I'd say by game 7 someone gets it.
After 6 wins if I had to guess

(and another jump after an 8 win season)

Can't wait to see Garapolo go 0-4. More proof that he wouldn't have been drafted at all - much less 2nd round - if it weren't for Babers and this system.
Yeah, because the Patriots didn't work him out and evaluate him on their own, but rather just relied on highlight videos. No wonder they stink at drafting as developing players.

Yeah, because the Patriots didn't work him out and evaluate him on their own, but rather just relied on highlight videos. No wonder they stink at drafting as developing players.
Are you being sarcastic? I honestly can't tell because your second sentence is actually factual.