Day Twelve Fall Camp & Orange Fan Fest: Sat. August 12, 2017 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Day Twelve Fall Camp & Orange Fan Fest: Sat. August 12, 2017

IMO, coaches tend to down play injuries. So my rule is to think the worse that way I'm pleasantly surprised to see the injured player back early.
I disagree. I don't think that it's somehow more noble or intelligent to be pessimistic than optimistic.

I disagree. I don't think that it's somehow more noble or intelligent to be pessimistic than optimistic.
Im saying, if a coach says a player might be out 3 weeks, in my mind Im thinking 4 weeks. So its not a surprise if the injured player hasnt returned during expected recovery day. As a coach, if the doctor tells one of my players he's out for a month, Im gonna be proactive and manage my team to play without him for a additional week. Its good preparation. You have to be ready for the unexpected. A intelligent coach will be prepared for all situations. Has nothing to do with being pessimistic.

Im saying, if a coach says a player might be out 3 weeks, in my mind Im thinking 4 weeks. So its not a surprise if the injured player hasnt returned during expected recovery day. As a coach, if the doctor tells one of my players he's out for a month, Im gonna be proactive and manage my team to play without him for a additional week. Its good preparation. You have to be ready for the unexpected. A intelligent coach will be prepared for all situations. Has nothing to do with being pessimistic.
He didn't give an estimate, did he? I legitimately haven't seen his interview yet.

He didn't give an estimate, did he? I legitimately haven't seen his interview yet.
Estimate of what? I think you misinterpret my comments as if I had knowledge of the situation. Not talking about Babers or any particular player on the SU team. In general, coaches dont like to talk about injuries and choose their words wisely when speaking about it to media. I know first hand.