Class of 2015 - DB Andrew Spence (FL) Decommitted SYRACUSE | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DB Andrew Spence (FL) Decommitted SYRACUSE

@MinkNate
Was told Andrew Spence, CB from Florida, probably not impacted by McDonald leaving. But, I mean, it's not like any papers have been signed.

Andrew Spence‏@andrewspence649 2m2 minutes ago
work hard to get what u want no matter what happens!!!!no matter if u get set back still work for what u want . No more playing for me!!!

The more I read his last tweet the more I start to get concerned. Does anyone know if he was having issues qualifying academically?

This recruiting year continues to get weirder and weirder.

All of a sudden a class that only had a couple of spots has a good handful.

Most teams are filling out their classes at this point in the cycle, we seem to be going in the opposite direction.

Im not so sure this was a academic thing. How much did we want him? Keep in mind that he was a McDonald recruit

Im not so sure this was a academic thing. How much did we want him? Keep in mind that he was a McDonald recruit

No it was definitely academics. Like he is going to have to go JUCO academic issues.

hope there's some quality left out there!
Thinking about it, there are at least 2 guys who will back date to this class, so maybe we hold the unfilled spots over to next year if any of the late visitors end up going elsewhere.

This sucks. Secondary was a huge area of need.

So how many McDonald recruits are left?

He may have a lot of connections, but many of them are academic risks or kids he got on early that eventually looked for greener pastures.

Not sure he's as big of a loss as we thought.

He may have a lot of connections, but many of them are academic risks or kids he got on early that eventually looked for greener pastures.

I'd agree with this primarily because this feels like it could turn into a potential Dom Timbers/Dale Peterman/Jamere Knox situation. In other words, this kid would have been one of Cali's all-time favorites.

Yes and unfortunately this isn't the last kid that might not qualify. There is still Blair and another.

Spence Scholly pulled for academics according to his HS coach reported on the Sub-Standard site.

Spence Scholly pulled for academics according to his HS coach reported on the Sub-Standard site.
image.jpg

I kid