Class of 2014 DB Cordell Hudson (FL) Offered

Discussion in 'Football Recruiting Forum' started by CuseLegacy, May 21, 2013.

1. weedsportwarriors

weedsportwarriors Starter

School starts on 20 August here in Land O Lakes (20 miles north of Tampa). That is why I have to drive back home with my son on the 16th after dropping my daughter off at SU for school. Her mom is going to stay with her until she can move into the dorms; Flint here she comes!
    TexanMark likes this.
  2. CuseLegacy

CuseLegacy Twitter Wizard Staff Member

Tell her to enjoy the walk up and down the stairs from Mount Olympus, especially in the winter...but not alone at night. I did that one time and heard, but couldn't see someone coming down while I was going up..damn guard with a German Shepard scared the s**t out of me and I never did that again.
  3. wfschrec

wfschrec All Conference

My daughter starts Kindergarten on the 9th of August here in GA ... its crazy to me that school starts that early.
  4. Texas Otto

Texas Otto 2nd String

I deliver my daughter to college on the 14th for move in then NCAA compliance meetings on the 15th and they start 2 a days on the 16th
  5. weedsportwarriors

weedsportwarriors Starter

Thanks, I will let her know.
  6. CuseLegacy

[​IMG]
    Rutgers class of 2014 CB offeree, Cordell Hudson (No. 11) (Photo provided by Hudson, used with permission)
    Print
    [​IMG] By Todderick Hunt, NJ.com
    Follow on Twitter
    on July 29, 2013 at 10:57 PM, updated July 30, 2013 at 2:26 PM

[​IMG]
    The Scarlet Knights have continued their pursuit of adding talent to the defensive back position group. One of the latest Florida prospects to have been extended an offer from Rutgers is 5-11, 185-pound cornerback, Cordell Hudson. The Largo high school senior blew up over the spring evaluation period after a slow start to his recruitment.
    "My recruitment took off a lot in the spring," said Hudson. "I started off with no offers this spring, and now I have 18."
    Although Hudson has yet to officially cut down his list of suitors, four teams stand out.
    "I wouldn't say I cut down my list," he said. "But my favorites are Rutgers, Iowa St, Syracuse and Wake Forest, right now."
    The Scarlet Knights appear to be in the driver's seat for Hudson's services.
    "I've been just getting it in with the Rutgers coach, a lot. We talk almost every week. And every time we talk, it seems like we get closer and closer," said Hudson. "Coach Panagos, I call him coach P because his name is hard to pronounce. And I also have two mutual connections to the football team.
    "The defensive backs coach, coach (Darrell) Wilson, he actually coached my DB (defensive backs) coach, Marcus Paschal, at Iowa. And coach Panagos, he knows my defensive coordinator from my freshman year. And he's always told me good things about the coaches at Rutgers."
    Hudson, who recently spoke to Panagos, has plans to take an official visit to Rutgers this September.
    "We didn't schedule an exact date," he said, "but we're thinking September."
    Iowa St, Syracuse and Wake Forest also stand a good chance of receiving similar stopovers. Hudson will likely make his final decision after seeing what his top programs have in store for him. He is hoping to make his most pertinent stops over the next month and a half.
    "I want to take my visits the last three weeks in August and the first couple weeks in September," he said. "I'll decide after I've taken all my visits, see what the schools are like and experience the atmosphere at the schools.
    "Right now, the schools are pretty much even. I'm just waiting to take my visits."
    Hudson, who currently works in a nursing home as a dishwasher and server, plans to take up either engineering or business management at his collegiate destination.
    "I work at a nursing home," he said. "I wash dishes and serve the patients. I always put a smile on their faces when I bring them their food.
    "And I enjoy what I do, but I want to do something I love after college. The first thing is education, that's the only thing that's on my mind, right now. I'm playing football to go to a good college and get a degree. That's the most important thing."
    Hudson says he's also looking to attend a school that feels like home and where the coaching staff treats him like family.
    In 2012, Hudson accumulated 35 tackles, three interceptions and seven pass break-ups on an 11-1 Largo squad. He says Rutgers assistant Wilson holds in high regard how smooth he is on the field, and his ability to read and diagnose.
    Hudson runs the 200 and 400-meter dash during track and field season with personal bests in the range of 23 and 49 seconds, respectively. His hobbies include fishing and playing Call of Duty.
  7. texascpa

texascpa All Conference

"Scarlet Knights appear to be in the driver's seat..." LMAO.
  8. spo023

spo023 Scout Team

Especially because Cordell says, "Right now, the schools are pretty much even. I'm just waiting to take my visits."
    ImperialOrange and TexanMark like this.
  9. TexanMark

TexanMark Tailgating Guru

If he likes fishing: Great Fishing as close as 20 mins away on Oneida Lake and 35 mins away on Lake Ontario.
  10. Camillus

Camillus Walk On

Or he could go fishing for used syringes and medical waste in NJ.
  11. Orangejet

Orangejet 2nd String

Every state has its issues and NJ is a beautiful state...
    JrodCuse and weakstraw like this.
  12. retro44

retro44 Women's Athletic Director

there are only 49 beautiful states and Texas barely makes the list....;)
  13. retro44

retro44 Women's Athletic Director

Hunt is a 'girls graduate who claims he has a great personal skill over the phones...it's in his bio

Multi-faceted, efficient & reliable administrative professional offering 8+ years of experience supporting executives, sales and managers to improve internal operations for both large and small corporations. Proficient in all of the standard office desktop software as well as many financial applications. Diversified skill sets covering administrative support, client relations, writing, account management and broadcasting. Excellent inter-personal, phone and digital communication skills.
  14. TexanMark

Agreed NW NJ is just like Upstate NY
  15. oldpinepoint

oldpinepoint All Conference

Lmao!!
  16. CuseLegacy

17. CuseLegacy

Mike Singer@Mike_RTB 23h
    Was just told by a buddy that Cordell Hudson was the most impressive player for Largo tonight in their 46-6 route of Dunedin
    djorange1989 and ImperialOrange like this.
  18. CuseLegacy

Cordell D. Hudson@BrightFuture_11 14h
    Iowa State next weekend for my first official!
  19. dollarbill44

dollarbill44 All Conference

I've lived in both places. NW NJ << Upstate NY.
  20. cuseinchina

cuseinchina Starter

But what does this translate to for an 18 year old kid? The big advantage rutgers has location wise is proximity to NYC - you get on NJ transit and you are there in 40 minutes. The school is lacking in many many other areas - but these guys aren't getting out on the finger lakes going fishing for the most part - they are on and/or near campus.
  21. cuseinchina

cuseinchina Starter

But what does this translate to for an 18 year old kid? The big advantage rutgers has location wise is proximity to NYC - you get on NJ transit and you are there in 40 minutes. The school is lacking in many many other areas - but these guys aren't getting out on the finger lakes going fishing for the most part - they are on and/or near campus. Now if you are comparing quality of campus - Syracuse wins by a mile.
  22. dollarbill44

dollarbill44 All Conference

This was a side discussion that had nothing to do with college choices. A poster mentioned that NJ was essentially a dumping ground for medical waste, which prompted a reply from another poster that NJ has its beauty, to which TexanMark replied that NW NJ is exactly the same as Upstate NY, which prompted my reply above.
  23. CuseLegacy

Cyclone Recruiting@CycloneRecruits 2 Sep
    @BobbyHomeTeam: @BrightFuture_11 says top four schools are Iowa State, Syracuse, Rutgers & Wake Forest. He will visit Iowa State Sept. 13-15
  24. CuseLegacy

AAM62 likes this.
  25. orangepassion

orangepassion All Conference

26. will6786

will6786 Scout Team

making his visit dec 6-8th
    jkmac, Dnyr85 and CuseLegacy like this.
  27. oldpinepoint

Good article on him from the fizz, worth reading

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -
  28. CaliCuse

CaliCuse Hall of Fame

We are in on a ton of secondary players. Lets get going on big time O-LandD-L players unless we are secretly involved with a lot of JC kids which aren't be discovered or reported here and elsewhere. Thats my guess.
  29. money3189

money3189 Starter

30. TexanMark

I love recruiting kids from FL. Most of them become starters.
  31. CuseLegacy

OrangeMojo, Shrmdougluvr and jkmac like this.
  32. oldpinepoint

@BrightFuture_11: Was looking at the rankings for the engineering programs at Rutgers and Syracuse. They're pretty much even..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    money3189 likes this.
  33. CuseLegacy

Cordell D. Hudson ‏@BrightFuture_11 21h
    22 handwritten letters from Rutgers today!

:rolleyes:
  34. JoeSU

JoeSU All Conference

Copycats
    Ottoble likes this.
  35. CuseLegacy

Cordell D. Hudson ‏@BrightFuture_11 19h
    I kinda wanna go on an official in the next three weeks

So he is suppose to visit Cuse 12/6 and Rutgers 12/13.
    Hopefully he decides not to take that second official.

Then it is Dead period for visits from 12/16-1/15.

Web Hosting Service by Host Duplex