Class of 2016 - DB Cycoby Burch (FL) Verbal to UMass | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DB Cycoby Burch (FL) Verbal to UMass

So as far as safeties goes, there is Burrell , Clarke, and Burch and it looks slim on all them?
Where the hell are you getting that? Clarke already tried to commit. Burrell is taking an official visit.

Where the hell are you getting that? Clarke already tried to commit. Burrell is taking an official visit.
So Burrell is on for a OV. Is there a date set yet? He is the one I hope we can get.

So Burrell is on for a OV. Is there a date set yet? He is the one I hope we can get.
Not that I know for sure, but I don't believe he has. Burrell is on the top of our wish list IMO. We have a real shot there IMO, and I'd say Clarke is the backup plan. Jekelish would know more about the order of Clarke and Burch though

Not that I know for sure, but I don't believe he has. Burrell is on the top of our wish list IMO. We have a real shot there IMO, and I'd say Clarke is the backup plan. Jekelish would know more about the order of Clarke and Burch though
1) Burrell 2) Burch 3) Clarke

1) Burrell 2) Burch 3) Clarke
We may have to leave a scolly open for awhile for Burrell because I heard he isn't committing any tme soon. I do believe I read that somewhere.

We may have to leave a scolly open for awhile for Burrell because I heard he isn't committing any tme soon. I do believe I read that somewhere.
We only have a few slots left. We are going to be very selective down the stretch. I fully expect us to hold out for Burrell until late in the season if the OV goes well

We only have a few slots left. We are going to be very selective down the stretch. I fully expect us to hold out for Burrell until late in the season if the OV goes well
I agree with you on that.

Question is will we have any room left on 8/28?
Have to believe we will. Moe decides this weekend, and the only other person whose decision seems imminent is Jay Rose. Especially since it seems we probably aren't taking Ginnetti, which will open up another spot. 13 commits right now, plus hopefully Moe, then add in Giordano, so that would be 15. If we get Rose, that's 16. Two more spots after that, and I bet we wind up taking about 20 guys in anticipation of some attrition. So I'm guessing we've got 3-5 spots left right now.

I think if you can get Burch you take him. 6-1 190 cornerback is something we need.

Also, assuming Ginneti is out we have at least 5 spots left right? I only count 13 commits.

I think if you can get Burch you take him. 6-1 190 cornerback is something we need.

Also, assuming Ginneti is out we have at least 5 spots left right? I only count 13 commits.
13 commits, but Giordano counts against 2016 - UNLESS Blair fails to qualify, in which case Giordano becomes 2015. But then if Blair gets in by January, he becomes a 2016 kid so that probably doesn't matter, so let's count that as one scholarship against 2016. So let's put it at 14 currently, so 4 left without Ginnetti, hopefully down to 3 left after Saturday.

13 commits, but Giordano counts against 2016 - UNLESS Blair fails to qualify, in which case Giordano becomes 2015. But then if Blair gets in by January, he becomes a 2016 kid so that probably doesn't matter, so let's count that as one scholarship against 2016. So let's put it at 14 currently, so 4 left without Ginnetti, hopefully down to 3 left after Saturday.
Have we ever been even remotely close to pretty much closing out a class this early?

Have we ever been even remotely close to pretty much closing out a class this early?
I honestly cannot think of a single time. We're usually filling 4-5 spots in December and January alone, it always feels like.

we had 18 or 19 commits at this point last cycle, some went elsewhere and some weren't included in the class at the end.

This staff, is on their game on recruiting. They get on kids early, as they always have, and get commits from kids they like. Will they pan out? We'll find out soon enough, but, this staff has always had the ability to go out and get what they want.

Just count Giordano as a returning scholarship player, since he'll already count towards this season's 85 player limit. It's easier.

If Blair makes it, we have room for 16 newbies right now. If Blair doesn't make it, we have room for 17 (but hopefully Blair will be one of them). It's a wash.

We have 13 "known" commits right now, with Ginnetti and Dawson as "question marks".

There are always unexpected departures at the end of the season.

http://syracusefan.com/threads/2016-fishes-and-loaves-report.89642/

Question is will we have any room left on 8/28?

Burrell isn't suppose to commit any time soon. Could be that Burch commits elsewhere and waits to see what happens as he said he was planning on taking an OV even if he commits elsewhere.

Yep, Burrell is going to be the last guy we're waiting on, basically. He's taking all of his officials before deciding.

I wouldn't count Ginnetti or Dawson at this point, I don't think either ever make it to campus and if they do it's not going to be as part of the 2016 class.

RS JR's in 2015

Wayne Morgan
Luke Arciniega
Ron Thompson
George Morris
Devante McFarlane
Omari Palmer
Jason Emerich
Alvin Cornelius
Ben Lewis
Josh Parris

I think there are some opportunities there based upon our current recruiting and changes to the offense where at least 3 of these guys could graduate early and walk. And if Thompson goes pro that could potentially be another spot.

I wouldn't count Ginnetti or Dawson at this point, I don't think either ever make it to campus and if they do it's not going to be as part of the 2016 class.

RS JR's in 2015

Wayne Morgan
Luke Arciniega
Ron Thompson
George Morris
Devante McFarlane
Omari Palmer
Jason Emerich
Alvin Cornelius
Ben Lewis
Josh Parris

I think there are some opportunities there based upon our current recruiting and changes to the offense where at least 3 of these guys could graduate early and walk. And if Thompson goes pro that could potentially be another spot.
Out of those 10 there could easily be 5 or 6 who graduate, and move on.

Out of those 10 there could easily be 5 or 6 who graduate, and move on.
Arciniega, Emerich, and Morgan are three guys I could see taking their degrees and walking, to be honest.

RS JR's in 2015

Wayne Morgan (starting CB)
Luke Arciniega (2-deep at DE)
Ron Thompson (starting DE)
George Morris (2-deep at RB)
Devante McFarlane (starting RB)
Omari Palmer (starting OT)
Jason Emerich (2-deep at OL)
Alvin Cornelius (starting WR)
Ben Lewis (2-deep at HB/XB)
Josh Parris (starting TE)

Marked up based on the latest depth chart. I don't know if anyone is going to leave, but as it stands now every one of those guys is on the 2-deep. Not going to expect that any of them will depart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom