Class of 2016 - DB Cycoby Burch (FL) Verbal to UMass | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DB Cycoby Burch (FL) Verbal to UMass

Any thoughts that SU put a bug in his ear about visiting first, particularly after what happened to the other recruit a few weeks ago?
I doubt that to be honest. Burch is a highly regarded enough prospect that I think they would have taken his commitment even without a visit, frankly.

I mean, it's possible. But I bet someone close to him basically just said, "Hey, maybe instead of visiting places after you commit, you should visit before you commit."

Plus, I'm gonna throw this out there: he said he didn't want to commit to someplace and then not like it when he visits. He's already visited USF. I think that's a sign he's leaning WVU, honestly.

I take it to mean he's interested in Cuse and perhaps they haven't evaluated him in person yet.

Would it be totally classless as a WVU employee to welcome him to campus in my Syracuse gear?

No I think that is quite classy. I think you should have Otto give him a tour of the campus too just to class it up that much more

Would it be totally classless as a WVU employee to welcome him to campus in my Syracuse gear?
Based on my trip to WVU, I don't think he'll be too concerned with the academic side of life in Morgantown.

Come on now we know you can graduate from WVU if you count the number of teeth in your mouth.
This is why none of them have more than 10 teeth. Counting get's really hard for them after 10 fingers.

images
The Morgantown Tooth Brush

Free Article...

http://www.At their request, this n...three-florida-teammates-to-take-cuse-official

Three players from Oak Ridge High in Florida will take an official visit to Syracuse in November

Jonathan Jones, three-star cornerback Cycoby Burch and three-star athlete Tyrek Tisdale. All three hold offers from Syracuse and will officially visit the Orange the weekend of November 14th when they face Clemson inside the Carrier Dome.

Jones is a top 15 player at his position and has Michigan and Notre Dame among his top schools. He has already taken an official to Notre Dame. He is also looking at Duke and Stanford.

Burch was going to decide this summer, but decided to push that back in order to take his official visits. He says he will be taking officials to West Virginia and Florida Atlantic in December. He is also in the process of scheduling one with Indiana.

"I have good interest in 'Cuse," Burch said. "I'm looking for if I feel comfortable, do I fit with the team and is it a family, and do I trust the coaches? And a good education."

Tisdale is a former Florida commit who recently decommitted from the Gators. Oregon State and West Virginia, among others, are in the mix. Syracuse likes the three-star athlete as an offensive playmaker with his exact position to be decided at a later date. But he could play wide receiver, h-back or running back at the next level.

Tisdale told CuseNation.com that he is "very" interested in Syracuse and is looking to see their adacemics, check out his major and to get a first hand look at their player/coach relationships within the program during his official visit.

Stick with CuseNation.com for the latest in Syracuse football recruiting.

BUT seriously, if he's in Morgantown in December and I'm just finishing up some lab work, perhaps we should cross paths. I only check this board intermittently so insiders- let me know if a date is announced for his visit.

I really thought it would come down to WVU, SU, and USF so this is a very interesting development indeed.

They have his 40 time at est: 4.73...that is a bit slow for a corner isn't it?

Well, depends on how 1) accurate and 2) recent that is.

This is what ESPN's breakdown of him as a prospect says, though: "His speed and toughness should prove to be productive as a team's coverage defender." Doesn't sound like speed should be a major issue.

No. In fact, that is a real and honest time. I laugh when all these kids say they run a 4.4 on their tapes. The NFL combine had something like 30 players run a sub 4.5 in a 5 year span. It's rare. A 16 or 17 year old kid running a 4.7 is pretty decent. He'd probably evolve into a low 4.5 kid by the time he leaves college.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom