Class of 2015 - DB Desmond Cain (FL) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DB Desmond Cain (FL) Offered

It appears we are still offering DB's in this class. Im by no means a fishes and loaves expert but I wonder if there is an issue with one of the commits that we are not aware of yet.

It appears we are still offering DB's in this class. Im by no means a fishes and loaves expert but I wonder if there is an issue with one of the commits that we are not aware of yet.

I'm assuming grades. Or we are going to have more room then we know about.

interesting interview with Ellison over on TOS.

Im confused with the number of LBs, CBs and safeties were going after. I always thought Ellison was our "secret" commit.

Shephard, Robinson, and Ryslick im sure are still on our list (though Ryslick maybe after the two DTs from IL)

Im confused with the number of LBs, CBs and safeties were going after. I always thought Ellison was our "secret" commit.

Shephard, Robinson, and Ryslick im sure are still on our list (though Ryslick maybe after the two DTs from IL)

It is more about depth. We have been scary thin with quality players at these positions over the last decade. We might have had a couple of quality D1 guys but once those guys went down there was a sever drop off at talent. What makes the top teams great is that they can run the second team on the field and you would never notice the drop in play; been the case going back to DM's days.

Another issue we have had is the staff wants the kids in the program to have the schemes down pat. There is a huge drop off when the "next man up" from your starter is a freshman who is just learning the ropes compared to a kid who has been in the program and is challenging the starter for reps.

The staff is also making a transition to the type of player they want/need to compete in this conference. Taller WR, quicker LB's, bigger CB's, etc... Our starters are more in the mold of what we want, athletes athletes athletes. Many of these players can be shifted just about anywhere as we saw this week.

Last edited:
It is more about depth. We have been scary thin with quality players at these positions over the last decade. We might have had a couple of quality D1 guys but once those guys went down there was a sever drop off at talent. What makes the top teams great is that they can run the second team on the field and you would never notice the drop in play. Been the case going back to DM's days.

Another issue we have had is the staff want the kids in the program to have the schemes down pat, there is a huge drop off when the "next man up" from your starter is a freshman who is just learning the ropes compared to a kid who has been in the program and is challenging the starter for reps.

The staff is also making transitions to the type of player they want/need to compete in this conference. Taller WR, quicker LB's, bigger CB's, etc... Our starters are more in the mold of what we want, athletes athletes athletes. Many of these players can be shifted just about anywhere as we saw this week.
Great points, but to add to that the Defensive backs, and Linebackers are the best players for special teams. We haven't had quality on special teams for a number of years, and now we are getting the depth to win some games on special team plays.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom