DB Eligibility | Syracusefan.com

DB Eligibility

Consigliere

Co 2020 Cali Award Winner, Record Thru 5 Games
I see that RWill was granted a medical redshirt and now has four full years of eligibility remaining. What about Wayne Morgan? Did I miss that? Believe he played as a true freshman and was injured in the third game last year without playing after that. Has his status been officially finalized?

Morgan would be eligible for a medical redshirt for last year. Meaning if the coaching staff wants him back for 2016, he could come back.

Truth is, he hasn't exactly impressed me throughout his first three years. Maybe the light will click on and he'll finally figure out what it takes to play at the college level. Hope it happens, our secondary would benefit greatly from it.

Both he and Whigham need to step it up this year big time.

Morgan impressed me most, probably in his Freshman year. He's battled injuries as of late. If he stays on the field, I think he can do some really good things.

If he wants that extra year, I'd have to imagine the coaches will file the paperwork to get him that extra year.

We're not exactly turning kids away to stay under the roster limit.

Wayne was pretty good in the Okie as a soph. He got moved to corner and had to adjust to that. The injury last year really slowed his growth. He is a little stiff but he makes up for it with his speed. Mostly likely will have two years to play

Morgan impressed me most, probably in his Freshman year. He's battled injuries as of late. If he stays on the field, I think he can do some really good things.

If he wants that extra year, I'd have to imagine the coaches will file the paperwork to get him that extra year.

We're not exactly turning kids away to stay under the roster limit.

I have heard that it was already done and granted.

I dont get the rodney williams thing. He was a true frosh last year and didnt play. So wouldnt he have four to play four regardless? Is the impact that if he gets injured again, he can get a sixth year, number of games played permitting?

I dont get the rodney williams thing. He was a true frosh last year and didnt play. So wouldnt he have four to play four regardless? Is the impact that if he gets injured again, he can get a sixth year, number of games played permitting?

He played in two games last year.

By being granted a hardship waiver, 2014 will not count as one of his 4 "years of competition".

He played in two games last year.

By being granted a hardship waiver, 2014 will not count as one of his 4 "years of competition".

Thanks for clarifying. Thats great news.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom