Class of 2016 - DB Jared Mayden (TX) to Alabama | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DB Jared Mayden (TX) to Alabama

I don't think I ever referenced the Mayden's, but I did mention Devin Duvernay. Incredibly exciting player.

Actually you did mention Mayden. I went back and looked at Devines' thread. How's Devine doing by the way?

Actually you did mention Mayden. I went back and looked at Devines' thread. How's Devine doing by the way?
Thank you, I wasn't sure. Saw Devine on Saturday night, he was wearing his Syracuse shirt. Most people think it's a Sachse shirt though. He seems pretty excited about going to Nebraska. Very nice young man.

Thank you, I wasn't sure. Saw Devine on Saturday night, he was wearing his Syracuse shirt. Most people think it's a Sachse shirt though. He seems pretty excited about going to Nebraska. Very nice young man.
Honestly - if Syracuse had actually shown interest, do you think he would have been ours to lose?

Honestly - if Syracuse had actually shown interest, do you think he would have been ours to lose?

How the hell did we not show interest in this kid?

Jek, you need to let the coaches know this kid frequently wears SU gear.

How the hell did we not show interest in this kid?

Jek, you need to let the coaches know this kid frequently wears SU gear.
Ha, well it's too late for Devine now.

If we can actually get in the door with the Maydens I may have to drive down to Sachse to check out one of their games, since I live about an hour or so away.

Ha, well it's too late for Devine now.

If we can actually get in the door with the Maydens I may have to drive down to Sachse to check out one of their games, since I live about an hour or so away.

Why is it too late? 2 4 7 shows him as uncommitted.

What? Didn't realize you live in Texas.

Devine Ozigbo? He was class of '15. Already signed with Nebraska. Unless you're referencing Mayden.

He just got a Florida offer, too. Busy night for young Mr. Mayden.
Weren't you the one who referenced Robert's take on the ESPN show on how Miami went from almost giving up football to Highsmith and Friend committing, and bringing them to the big time? It seems Robert isn't alone in floating that idea, some of his friends, seem to be interested.

Weren't you the one who referenced Robert's take on the ESPN show on how Miami went from almost giving up football to Highsmith and Friend committing, and bringing them to the big time? It seems Robert isn't alone in floating that idea, some of his friends, seem to be interested.
Yep. Robert had referenced it after committing.

What? Didn't realize you live in Texas.
He's committed to Nebraska. If you guys come to a Sachse game, please give me a heads up.

He's committed to Nebraska. If you guys come to a Sachse game, please give me a heads up.
I live just up 75 from Dallas, so I may try to make it down. One of the seniors on the baseball team at the college where I work went to Sachse.

The Robert Washington effect: 4-star DB Jared Mayden wants to visit Syracuse football

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootb...yden_syracuse_football_robert_washington.html
tom-hardy-glasses-off.gif

Washington, Haskins, and Mayden have all talked of playing together in college per Mayden. He said it would need to be a good fit for all 3. Mayden wants an aggressive, blitzing def. while Haskins wants an offense that likes to throw it around. Uhh...hello??? Consider Syracuse your "Goldi-locks" school.

Found a report from February where Mayden annouced a top 3 of Ohio State, Oregon and TCU. This is cut down from a top 5 named last November with Texas A&M and Rice (Where his older brother plays)

So to offer and have him immediately give us strong interest says something

Found a report from February where Mayden annouced a top 3 of Ohio State, Oregon and TCU. This is cut down from a top 5 named last November with Texas A&M and Rice (Where his older brother plays)

So to offer and have him immediately give us strong interest says something

I think he backtracked from the top 3 list - said he made the decision too quick. He's back to a big old list.

But that we are on it and getting consideration is pretty awesome. Speaks to the character and leadership of RW44, I think.

Dreaming big. For a while at least, folks won't be complaining that we are "settling" with our recruiting strategy this year.

Hey i prefer this much better. We can always work our way backwards :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom