Class of 2015 - DB Jay Stocker (PA) Verballed to Pitt | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DB Jay Stocker (PA) Verballed to Pitt

Which ones?

Not these.

mcnabb_college-300x299.jpg

Visited Penn St yesterday...no offer. Sounds like they will string him along since they still have restrictions and just picked up their 9th commit.

Will also visit Cuse and Uconn soon

Depending what site you look at Stocker is a consensus high 3 star, but tops out as a 4 star and inside ESPN's JR Watch list top 300

I believe we recruited his Brother when Marrone was here and Stocker attended a home game with him.

spacer.gif
Nate Mink:

Jay Stocker, a safety from Coatesville, is scheduled to arrive Saturday night with his parents and spend Sunday on campus.

Tom VanHaaren‏@TomVH 8h
Duke and Illinois offered 2015 DB Jay Stocker (Coatesville, Pa.)

Thought you guys would find this interesting, but in a recent interview Stocker was asked why Maryland was one of his favorites. His response "I like their uniforms and academics". Wow who would have thought. Uniforms do matter.

anomander said:
Thought you guys would find this interesting, but in a recent interview Stocker was asked why Maryland was one of his favorites. His response "I like their uniforms and academics". Wow who would have thought. Uniforms do matter.

Could you ask the other 3000 recruits?

anomander said:
i have seen more then enough comments about uniforms being a big deal.

The mean little in the actual decision process. Kids like cool uni's, but not one player I have ever asked named them as a reason to go to a school. Not one SU player either.

The mean little in the actual decision process. Kids like cool uni's, but not one player I have ever asked named them as a reason to go to a school. Not one SU player either.

I'm willing to bet there are some that went to Oregon specifically for the uniforms and all the gear that comes with it. Maryland is trying be the Under Armour version so I wouldn't be surprised.

Plus there aren't many individuals factors that would make a kid select a school. I do feel uniforms/gear are significantly moving up on the list when determining which school to chose.

rrlbees said:

Never the primary reason. But it's still something kids bring up consistently.

There can't be more than one kid a year that has the uniforms anywhere near the top 10 in their decision making on where to attend college.