Class of 2015 - DB Jay Stocker (PA) Verballed to Pitt | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DB Jay Stocker (PA) Verballed to Pitt

Yep, absolute must get or else we are scrambling for a plan D. I wonder if they push him for a commitment just so we know where we stand coming down the wire.
Stocker, along with Fox would be a nice wrap to the class.

with hale and Crawford going elsewhere leaves 2 spots up for grabs. wonder if they go after a wr

with hale and Crawford going elsewhere leaves 2 spots up for grabs. wonder if they go after a wr
Trevill Holcy/Freddie Simmons Jr still on the board. Not sure if that's what we want to do with that extra spot though

Trevill Holcy/Freddie Simmons Jr still on the board. Not sure if that's what we want to do with that extra spot though

Yeah last class Antwan Cordy had disappeared into the back pages of the forum after being offered to only reappear on the front page at the very end. We weren't talking about his recruitment much this time last year. Who knows if there will be someone similar this year.

As long as we don't sign Freddie Prinze Jr I'm good ...

Yeah last class Antwan Cordy had disappeared into the back pages of the forum after being offered to only reappear on the front page at the very end. We weren't talking about his recruitment much this time last year. Who knows if there will be someone similar this year.
Is KJ definitely out of the picture or is he a late surprise add on to this class - maybe as a January enrollee? Last I remember there was something about him almost being here and that was after he got booted from Milford.

Is KJ definitely out of the picture or is he a late surprise add on to this class - maybe as a January enrollee? Last I remember there was something about him almost being here and that was after he got booted from Milford.

I haven't heard anything on KJ or Prater qualifying. I wouldn't count on either.

KJ isn't coming here unless some miraculous changes happen

I haven't heard anything on KJ or Prater qualifying. I wouldn't count on either.

I removed Prater from my recruits & offers list- doesn't sound like he's done the work necessary to be here.

Why aren't we going after another DT with one transferring out?

We did and he is from AL also...

He committed before Harvey was announced he was going to transfer, meaning we should probably go after another one. Considering how thin we were there it should be more of a focus.

He committed before Harvey was announced he was going to transfer, meaning we should probably go after another one. Considering how thin we were there it should be more of a focus.
staff probably knew before he announced with limited spots left no need for another DT

staff probably knew before he announced with limited spots left no need for another DT

I would expect this as well. I doubt it was a shock to the coaching staff, and they were already factoring it in. Not too worried, we're already looking better on the recruiting front than I expected a month ago.

On the Roster:
Coleman
Sloan - May not be asked to return
Harvey - Transferring
Samuels
Raymon
Williams

Incoming:
Steven Clark
Giudice
Cross

This might be enough if one of the incoming can get some playing time.

On the Roster:
Coleman
Sloan - May not be asked to return
Harvey - Transferring
Samuels
Raymon
Williams

Incoming:
Steven Clark
Giudice
Cross

This might be enough if one of the incoming can get some playing time.
have lots of de's capable of sliding down

guidice isn't enrolling until jan 2016 b/c of injury

Big John is due for an injury free year, and Williams. with Coleman, Samuels is enough for the middle.

I wish I was as confident as you. I don't think there is one name there that you can count on for any number of reasons. Maybe we could play Thompson all over the line, trying to create mismatches to help make the D-line more disruptive?

Big John is due for an injury free year, and Williams. with Coleman, Samuels is enough for the middle.

I wish I was as confident as you. I don't think there is one name there that you can count on for any number of reasons. Maybe we could play Thompson all over the line, trying to create mismatches to help make the D-line more disruptive?
Or D-Line was suppose to be a weakness this year, but Daoust did an amazing job with what he had, until proven otherwise I think he will keep up the great work going forward.

have lots of de's capable of sliding down

Yes because that is ideally what we want. Didn't people on this board constantly complain about Thompson playing inside this year?

How about we recruit more true defensive lineman like we should.