Class of 2015 - DB Jay Stocker (PA) Verballed to Pitt | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DB Jay Stocker (PA) Verballed to Pitt

I wish I was as confident as you. I don't think there is one name there that you can count on for any number of reasons. Maybe we could play Thompson all over the line, trying to create mismatches to help make the D-line more disruptive?

Agree with you completely but I want Thompson back to his spot as an edge rusher like he should be not getting double teamed on the interior.

CuseOnly said:
Yes because that is ideally what we want. Didn't people on this board constantly complain about Thompson playing inside this year? How about we recruit more true defensive lineman like we should.

We have 3 DL coming in and exceptional players playing ahead of them. Let's assume that Williams and Raymon heal up and are ready to go - and that the other young guys are coming along enough in Daoust's system that they can spell the starters?

We are fine at DL.

We have 3 DL coming in and exceptional players playing ahead of them. Let's assume that Williams and Raymon heal up and are ready to go - and that the other young guys are coming along enough in Daoust's system that they can spell the starters?

We are fine at DL.

Which players that we have on the roster that you would deem "exceptional"?

Is it Williams - rarely played also wasn't in shape?
Or Coleman - Starter who didn't even play starters minutes?
Or Raymon - Wasn't 100% still injured playing with a giant brace and playing out of necessity because we were too thin at DL?
Samuels - Who redshirted and you have no idea...

We can't count on any of them really...How are we fine at DL? I would prefer not to assume anything, like how we all assumed that AJ could play...

Or Raymon - Wasn't 100% still injured playing with a giant brace and playing out of necessity because we were too thin at DL?

We can't count on any of them really...How are we fine at DL? I would prefer not to assume anything, like how we all assumed that AJ could play...

The one you don't list Sloan.

You probably would have placed the often injured Eric Crume is this category before last season as well...how did that turn out?

I have absolutely no concerns with next year's DL. Daoust will find a way to configure his unit into a functional group.

You probably would have placed the often injured Eric Crume is this category before last season as well...how did that turn out?

I have absolutely no concerns with next year's DL. Daoust will find a way to configure his unit into a functional group.

My point being, even he wasn't a certainty before this year but you are going to assume 4 guys who really haven't done anything are going to be ready. Hope isn't a strategy.

I am hoping as well but I wouldn't count on anything and more insurance at DL should be a priority. Also, the guys we have couldn't provide any penetration from the middle which meant that our LB's had to constantly provide pressure. Also not a great strategy along with 2 DE's constantly having to play inside undersized.

Damn, I keep coming here for updates on Stocker when I see that people have posted. Can we please put the DL talk on a separate thread?!
well, you just did the same thing to me!!!

With no sign of Prater and Blair qualifying academically I mark this kid as a must have for the secondary in the incoming class.

With no sign of Prater and Blair qualifying academically I mark this kid as a must have for the secondary in the incoming class.
I thought Blair was making progress in that direction? Did he have a slide backwards? That's dissapointing

I thought Blair was making progress in that direction? Did he have a slide backwards? That's dissapointing
Last I've heard he is making progress, but I don't find that convincing enough to bank on him being here next year. I certainly hope he is but I think Stocker would only benefit us by coming Orange. But CL is right it is too early to tell.

From all reports he is making progress, but I think it's far from a lock. We will be sweating this one out until he steps foot on campus imo.

From all reports he is making progress, but I think it's far from a lock. We will be sweating this one out until he steps foot on campus imo.
Of course, there are no locks when it comes to guys a lot of schools aren't offering because they are that close to becoming NQs. But some progress is better than none. Here's hoping he gets through and is our Jonathon Thomas this year.

Blair's a fantastic recruit, I really hope he pulls through .

I think Stocker wants to stay in PA. If he clicks with the new staff at Pitt I will be pessimistic about it. Here's hoping he hates them

Do we like our chances?

I'd say it's a coin flip. Our chances increased when Chryst left, but at that time I think he was going to Pitt. Obviously his OV to Pitt this weekend will be huge. If he clicks with Narduzzi and his staff I think he goes there. It didn't hurt Pitt's chances by hiring someone like Narduzzi.

I think Stocker wants to stay in PA. If he clicks with the new staff at Pitt I will be pessimistic about it. Here's hoping he hates them

FWIW Syracuse and Pittsburgh are both ~270 miles from Coatesville so distance won't be a factor.