Class of 2015 - DB Kareem Ali Jr (NJ) Verbals to Temple | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DB Kareem Ali Jr (NJ) Verbals to Temple

He can float like a butterfly and sting like a bee along with a heck of a sky hook...what's not to like about this?

Agree, he runs away from people and has good length, too. Not afraid to mix it up with anyone either.

Bg9OJUhIQAEwxN8.jpg:large

As Bnoro said above this is definitely a kid to keep an eye on. We should get a visit soon, and will be a serious player in this race.
Please be sunny and hot on the quad, please be sunny and hot on the quad

who should we expect as main competition on this kid?

Kid is being heavily recruited so it's still too early to tell. He does have connections to SU so that will help. He seems pretty grounded and doesn't seem to be like a lot of these kids chasing name schools. His family is also pretty involved with his recruitment. Syracuse seems to have some things going for them that they are looking for in a program.

He recently visited...hold your breathe...Maryland, and really enjoyed himself. I expect him to take a bunch of visits, but Syracuse should be one of his early visits.

we seem to be floundering on the trail. so much for connections

BjC42jlIgAEg062.jpg

anomander said:

Umd, rutgers... temple? That stings

Oh please

oh ya? here is his actual quote. you tell me

"Syracuse was definitely close also," Ali said. "It wasn't a fit for me either. Coach Shaffer is turning that program around but I didn't really feel the love. Coach Shaffer offered me personally and he is a good guy."

hmm all our regional recruiting rivals were able to show the love.

oh ya? here is his actual quote. you tell me

"Syracuse was definitely close also," Ali said. "It wasn't a fit for me either. Coach Shaffer is turning that program around but I didn't really feel the love. Coach Shaffer offered me personally and he is a good guy."

hmm all our regional recruiting rivals were able to show the love.

You should save yourself the trouble of hanging on to every word these kids say. “I didn’t really feel the love” could mean a 1000 different things. Frankly, to me it’s just code for I’m not interested. I mean why didn’t you bold this part, “It wasn't a fit for me”.

I'll bet you a beer right now that list changes by the time Feb 5 2015 rolls around.

You should save yourself the trouble of hanging on to every word these kids say. “I didn’t really feel the love” could mean a 1000 different things. Frankly, to me it’s just code for I’m not interested. I mean why didn’t you bold this part, “It wasn't a fit for me”.

I'll bet you a beer right now that list changes by the time Feb 5 2015 rolls around.

Hey all i'm saying is it seems we have absolutely no buzz on the recruiting trail right now. You see all these kids going in and out of all our regional rivals, but you don't hear a peep about Syracuse. I thought we had a good amount of momentum coming out of last season. It just feels we didn't really capitalize on it. Schools like Maryland and Rutgers who had absolutely awful seasons you hear there names coming out of kids mouths on a daily basis.

Syracuse was being mentioned by Ali on a couple different occasions. He stated a couple times he would have liked to visit. So i'm not sure how you can say he wasn't interested? We all know we aren't that aggressive in the early periods. In a lot of cases it hurts us.

Could it be in some ways that the staff realizes that they have one shot to get these kids to campus and have been pushing till Spring, summer to be able to better demonstrate the new facilities? Not that that explains Ali as he is preaching that we didn't show the love, whatever that means... But these other schools that have had junior days (which we definitely should have had BTW) and getting kids on campus. Maybe the staff is being intentionally distant to pop back up hard this spring... doesn't make sense, but I agree with anomander that we have lost some buzz... Chris Clarke to NC was hard... Not a power program, and a middle of the road ACC team to boot.

Could it be in some ways that the staff realizes that they have one shot to get these kids to campus and have been pushing till Spring, summer to be able to better demonstrate the new facilities? Not that that explains Ali as he is preaching that we didn't show the love, whatever that means... But these other schools that have had junior days (which we definitely should have had BTW) and getting kids on campus. Maybe the staff is being intentionally distant to pop back up hard this spring... doesn't make sense, but I agree with anomander that we have lost some buzz... Chris Clarke to NC was hard... Not a power program, and a middle of the road ACC team to boot.

we will definitely have a good amount of kids on campus for the Spring Game. We always do so that shouldn't change. But almost every school has had the full court press on these kids since they wrapped up last years class...which in a lot of cases was late last year. You know how these kids are. They constantly need their ego's stroked. They can feel slighted by the smallest things. Who knows what will happen, all I am saying is I felt we had some buzz going with a strong finish to the season, and then the recruiting calendar. Then we kind of went dormant. It's not like we weren't interested, he was one of our 1st offers.

Syracuse was being mentioned by Ali on a couple different occasions. He stated a couple times he would have liked to visit. So i'm not sure how you can say he wasn't interested? We all know we aren't that aggressive in the early periods. In a lot of cases it hurts us.

If he was so interested and wanted to visit then why didn't he?

Awful season's dosn't translate to recruiting interest. But kids mentioning Rutgers and Maryland? I can sort of understand this as both schools have lots of local talent and Maryland has an ace recruiter. However, wake me up with the high profile kids sign the dotted line after both schools get thumped this year.

If he was so interested and wanted to visit then why didn't he?

Awful season's dosn't translate to recruiting interest. But kids mentioning Rutgers and Maryland? I can sort of understand this as both schools have lots of local talent and Maryland has an ace recruiter. However, wake me up with the high profile kids sign the dotted line after both schools get thumped this year.
exactly, not like we could pay for him to visit. these kids can make the trip if they really want to.

If we don't have any commits on June 30 then color me a little concerned. Until then I just gotta sit back and enjoy the twists and turns of the game. I'll save my hand wringing for December, January and February.

Field results this fall are gonna be huge (I would say #1) for this 2015 class. Moreso than any number of letters or love that can be shown. Gotta show these guys we can play big boy football again on a consistent basis. BEAT ND!!!!

BjC42jlIgAEg062.jpg

We'll see what happens going forward but it didn't help that two of the assistants who were responsible for recruiting NY and NJ were not good at the whole recruiting thing and were not entirely committed to SU's success going forward. I'm glad we could be there for him while Moore got his personal life together last year (his words, not mine) and I'm glad that Perles put together a serviceable line even though he was checking the CFL want ads the entire time he was here, but it's good for us to be moving on now and to have some coaches taking their place who are looking to build a rep for themselves here. Adam and Acosta have some catching up to do but they're young and energetic (and even looking to shake things up among the staff; see Adam's comments about a junior day). That should help. It won't be easy, though. Especially for Adam who has no connections whatsoever to the NY area that I can see.