Class of 2015 - DB Kareem Ali Jr (NJ) Verbals to Temple | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DB Kareem Ali Jr (NJ) Verbals to Temple

We'll see what happens going forward but it didn't help that two of the assistants who were responsible for recruiting NY and NJ were not good at the whole recruiting thing and were not entirely committed to SU's success going forward. I'm glad we could be there for him while Moore got his personal life together last year (his words, not mine) and I'm glad that Perles put together a serviceable line even though he was checking the CFL want ads the entire time he was here, but it's good for us to be moving on now and to have some coaches taking their place who are looking to build a rep for themselves here. Adam and Acosta have some catching up to do but they're young and energetic (and even looking to shake things up among the staff; see Adam's comments about a junior day). That should help. It won't be easy, though. Especially for Adam who has no connections whatsoever to the NY area that I can see.
They bring the most important things , youth, and energy, plus believe in what they are doing. They both fit the mold for what Scott is looking for in a staff.

We'll see what happens going forward but it didn't help that two of the assistants who were responsible for recruiting NY and NJ were not good at the whole recruiting thing and were not entirely committed to SU's success going forward. I'm glad we could be there for him while Moore got his personal life together last year (his words, not mine) and I'm glad that Perles put together a serviceable line even though he was checking the CFL want ads the entire time he was here, but it's good for us to be moving on now and to have some coaches taking their place who are looking to build a rep for themselves here. Adam and Acosta have some catching up to do but they're young and energetic (and even looking to shake things up among the staff; see Adam's comments about a junior day). That should help. It won't be easy, though. Especially for Adam who has no connections whatsoever to the NY area that I can see.

Eastern PA is a crucial territory for us. I believe Dauost also does a lot of his work there. I can't see them leaving it solely up to Adam, who like you said has no prior ties to the region.

• Donnie Bunch‏@Kareem2Ali 1h
    Cusemen ...
    1f608.png
    pic.twitter.com/vthJRcOVCx

Thanks T for pointing this out.

sounds like it. i think he recently cut it to 5. it sounded like it was more our choice though.

Man that sucks, he had a connection to SU too, i wonder why they would stop recruiting this kid?

Man that sucks, he had a connection to SU too, i wonder why they would stop recruiting this kid?

i really don't know for sure either way just specualtion from comments

The kids who commit to Rutgers, and Maryland need to get used to 2 things. Number 1 is losing, they are going to do a lot of that in the Big 10. The 2nd thing is playing in cold, rainy, and snowy weather, they will do a lot of that too.

The kids who commit to Rutgers, and Maryland need to get used to 2 things. Number 1 is losing, they are going to do a lot of that in the Big 10. The 2nd thing is playing in cold, rainy, and snowy weather, they will do a lot of that too.

fwiw Ali doesn't have Rutgers in his top 5. He does have Maryland to go along with WVU, UNC, Michigan St, and Florida

but i totally agree. lots of losses. i think he ends up at UF

I don't understand why anyone would want to go to Maryland?

I'll never really understand why we didn't go after Ali?

I don't understand why anyone would want to go to Maryland?

I'll never really understand why we didn't go after Ali?

Taking my orange colored glasses off for a second, College Park was my #2 coming out of HS. I visited the campus, it was beautiful. It has the academics, and is smack in the center of DC and Baltimore. It easily accessible via the NEC/car for his family to see him play and they have the Under Armor angle.

That being said, Syracuse > UMD College Park

Taking my orange colored glasses off for a second, College Park was my #2 coming out of HS. I visited the campus, it was beautiful. It has the academics, and is smack in the center of DC and Baltimore. It easily accessible via the NEC/car for his family to see him play and they have the Under Armor angle.

That being said, Syracuse > UMD College Park

But Randy Edsall...

REEM‏@Kareem2Ali 1h
I have officially decommitted from the University of Maryland. I thank them for every opportunity they have given me

REEM‏@Kareem2Ali 1h
I have officially decommitted from the University of Maryland. I thank them for every opportunity they have given me
Any room at the inn assuming he would commit to SU? We have to be close to a full class.

Alsacs said:
Any room at the inn assuming he would commit to SU? We have to be close to a full class.

Unless August 11th doesnt go as planned, I can't imagine wed have room.