Class of 2015 - DB Kareem Ali Jr (NJ) Verbals to Temple | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DB Kareem Ali Jr (NJ) Verbals to Temple

Unless August 11th doesnt go as planned, I can't imagine wed have room.
I am ignorant on recruiting but who is deciding then? we have 23 commits and only 1 more scholly? I love that the coaching staff has found its guys early and won't have to recruit much 2015 anymore during the season.

I am ignorant on recruiting but who is deciding then? we have 23 commits and only 1 more scholly? I love that the coaching staff has found its guys early and won't have to recruit much 2015 anymore during the season.

The In the knows have shared a strong feeling that Ollison, another nj db, has been waiting to announce until his mothers birthday.

If posters are right that SU stopped recruiting Ali due to the Ellison situation and the lack of remaining scholarships, it would demonstrate to Ellison that (in the words of HCSS in the note to Deurig) "The Syracuse University coaches are as committed to you as you are to them."

Buttgers board is lighting this kid up. lol. I little off-topic from his recruitment, but since he's a Top 15 NJ recruit, someone posted this on their board:

No. of Top 15 committed recruits from NJ:

PSU - 5
Cuse - 2
Mich - 1
Wiscy - 1
Bama - 1
UNC - 1
Temple -1
Rutgers - ZERO

lol

Buttgers board is lighting this kid up. lol. I little off-topic from his recruitment, but since he's a Top 15 NJ recruit, someone posted this on their board:

No. of Top 15 committed recruits from NJ:

PSU - 5
Cuse - 2
Mich - 1
Wiscy - 1
Bama - 1
UNC - 1
Temple -1
Rutgers - ZERO

lol

And order has been restored to the vast universe :)

Another dumb question is Ellison higher rated than Ali? Not sure it matters because Ellison should be Orange but I am interested.
Also glad my question got you to post ArchDuke.

Another dumb question is Ellison higher rated than Ali? Not sure it matters because Ellison should be Orange but I am interested.
Also glad my question got you to post ArchDuke.

No. Ali is a consensus 4 star db. Ellison is a 2-3 star at most place. I was a big fan of Ali, but we didn't really pursue for some reason or another.

No. Ali is a consensus 4 star db. Ellison is a 2-3 star at most place. I was a big fan of Ali, but we didn't really pursue for some reason or another.

Could be similar to the Rod Streeter situation. Highly ranked kid that ended up at Temple. Believe grades were an issue and they can squeeze through partial qualifiers while ACC and B1G teams cannot.

Could be similar to the Rod Streeter situation. Highly ranked kid that ended up at Temple. Believe grades were an issue and they can squeeze through partial qualifiers while ACC and B1G teams cannot.
That would certainly explain how a 4 Star recruit ends up at Temple. Or maybe there are reasons why he wants to attend a school close to home (NJ).

I don't care what the situation is, I think it's pretty hilarious that Temple has a top 15 NJ recruit and Rutgers doesn't have a single one. Their house of cards continues to collapse.

I'm pretty sure Ali is a good student. I just think he realized Maryland is headed for the basement of the B10.

Like Bnoro said both his parents attended Temple, and his Dad played football there. Rhule is a great recruiter. They beat us straight up for James McHale last year too.

they did not beat us for McHale... we moved on

I'm going to have to disagree. We got beat, and then we even tried to get back involved before Ward, and got shut down again.

Last edited:
I'm going to have to disagree. We got beat, and then we even tried to get back involved before Ward, and got shut down again.

Agree to disagree back. ;)

I was pretty familiar with that one.

Rocco is right on this one.