Class of 2022 - DB Marcus Washington Jr. (GA) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (5/7/24) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 DB Marcus Washington Jr. (GA) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (5/7/24)

Cusedad2X

Scout Team
Met a nice young man in Atlanta yesterday. He was enroute to SU with his mom to visit SU. I told his mom he needed to replace that Georgia bag she was carrying. I told him what SU did for my kids and sang the praises of Coach Fran Brown. He said Coach Brown recruited him at or to Georgia??? First Name was Marcus. Very well-spoken young man whose mom deserves to be proud of. I overheard his mom mention Louisville was also recruiting him. Help fill in the blanks...

Met a nice young man in Atlanta yesterday. He was enroute to SU with his mom to visit SU. I told his mom he needed to replace that Georgia bag she was carrying. I told him what SU did for my kids and sang the praises of Coach Fran Brown. He said Coach Brown recruited him at or to Georgia??? First Name was Marcus. Very well-spoken young man whose mom deserves to be proud of. I overheard his mom mention Louisville was also recruiting him. Help fill in the blanks...
Only one Marcus in the GA team last year I think and he was a wide out who signed an nfl deal this past week. Maybe on a different team but Fran was the recruiter for him when at GA maybe? Let’s see

Only one Marcus in the GA team last year I think and he was a wide out who signed an nfl deal this past week. Maybe on a different team but Fran was the recruiter for him when at GA maybe? Let’s see
That's my guess. I tried finding him on Georgia roster before takeoff...without any luck. Told his mom we bleed orange and she needed to replace her Georgia bling...lol

Could he have been a HS kid still that Fran was recruiting while at UGA and he’s not in college yet? It definitely a transfer?

Good work brother!!! I got him to autograph my plane tix. Last nane definitely starts with a "W". I thought I heard his mom mention portal too.
Nice intelligence work here!!

Certainly a high end prospect out of HS, obviously Fran still feels we need DB help. Let’s see what happens!

Football Su GIF by Syracuse University

DB Marcus Washington (GA) Portal from Louisville​

# 6' 2" 205 DB / 4.46 40/ 10.76 100m/ LJ 21' 0"/ TJ 44" 3"/ BP 255/ SQ 440
download - 2024-05-04T184422.185.jpg

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:

VERY FAST
STRONG
FILM SHOWS ALL DEFENSE
GREAT TACKLING SKILLS
HITS ARE HARD DRIVES RB INTO GROUND
IN B'FLD BEFORE QB HAS BALL FROM CENTER
BLOCKS PATS
GREAT COVER CORNER
HIP/HIP COVERAGE
MANY PBU'S

Washington is the tenth Louisville player to enter the portal during the 15-day spring transfer window, which closes on May 1. They have now had 24 players overall transfer out of the program in this cycle, not including four who have re-entered after joining the Cardinals during the winter window.

Originally joining Louisville last offseason from Georgia, the 6-foot-1, 200-pound corner played in all 14 games this past season, but was nearly exclusively a special teams player. He played 132 special teams snaps, and just four snaps on defense - three vs. Murray State and one against Florida State. He logged no stats during his lone season as a Cardinal.

During his true freshman season in 2022 at Georgia, he tallied only two snaps played and an assisted tackle against Samford. The Grovetown (Ga.) HS product was an elite prospect coming out of high school, ranking as high as the No. 7 player in the talent-rich state of Georgia and No. 84 overall prospect in the Class of 2022 according to ESPN.

Last edited:
Interesting possibility. Serious measureables but flamed out at two schools. Wonder what the issue was?

Interesting possibility. Serious measureables but flamed out at two schools. Wonder what the issue was?
Agreed. Going on his 3rd school in 3 years. Granted with free agency now is turning into more of a norm but again going on 3rd school. Sometimes you gotta earn it, you just can’t be given the job.
May The Fourth Be With You Do It GIF by Star Wars

FIT its important. Look at our two kids who were both studs . They transfer and end up not playing. Look at Joe. He did his homework and transferred to a team where he was a great fit and had an excellent year.
Individual talent doesn't necessarily mean that a player is going to simply go from one team environment to another and have the same or better results.
Teammates, coaches, friends, schemes, everything is different. Transferring is risky.
Unless you are guaranteed a starting spot any player who starts on a power 5 team better have a really good reason for leaving. Unless the money differential is significant, a coaching change, or serious personal issues my two cents is the player should continue with their current school.
Kids that don't start, or are probably going to have a reduced role I completely understand. They want to get on the court.
I wish there where a chart that showed how transfers actually fare.
Playing time, snaps ect