Class of 2016 - DB Michael Palmer (NY) Verbal to BC | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DB Michael Palmer (NY) Verbal to BC

JoeCollege

Senior Whiz Bang Advocate
DB/punt returner Michael Palmer of Maine-Endwell HS (Endwell, NY) committed yesterday to Boston College. He joins Adam Korutz of Johnson City, a 6'3 280 DT. JC also produced Daquan Jones, who went to Penn State and is now with the Titans in the NFL. Reportedly neither had much contact from the former staff. Just a tidbit. M-E and Chenango Forks in particular are perennial state powers.

Just got me to wondering who will recruit central NY for SU now, seeing these signings, watching the Canzeri kid from Troy do great with Iowa etc.

DB/punt returner Michael Palmer of Maine-Endwell HS (Endwell, NY) committed yesterday to Boston College. He joins Adam Korutz of Johnson City, a 6'3 280 DT. JC also produced Daquan Jones, who went to Penn State and is now with the Titans in the NFL. Reportedly neither had much contact from the former staff. Just a tidbit. M-E and Chenango Forks in particular are perennial state powers.

Just got me to wondering who will recruit central NY for SU now, seeing these signings, watching the Canzeri kid from Troy do great with Iowa etc.
I would imagine that Nick Monroe would be our primary guy in central NY, since he's the one on the staff who spent six years coaching at Colgate and presumably knows the area pretty well.

Apparently a couple of local alums have contacted the new staff regarding Palmer who may not be all that solid with BC. He was just named the Press and Sun Bulletin Player of the Year in the Southern Tier and at 6'2" 178 with a 4.48 40 might fit the mold of a taller CB that the new staff is apparently targeting. Probably too late and a questionable fit but we'll see if anything develops.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3060111/mike-palmer

looks more like a 4.6 to 4.5 guy. Hips are a little stiff. I can see him playing safety. He has great ball skills.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom