Class of 2015 - DB Mohamed Barry (GA) Verbal to Nebraska | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DB Mohamed Barry (GA) Verbal to Nebraska

One of the best LB films Ive seen from the offers we have out. It is amazing how this kid doesnt have more offers. Maybe grades? If that kid was in NYS he would be a 4 star with 15 offers by now. This kid can play. His film is better than jonathan thomas.

Offers Georgia State, Marshall, UAB, Syracuse

Not many offers maybe because of size, but I want in our arsenal. Kid plays football the way it should be play , #violent#hardnosed. It seems like every highlight the kid is fighting through piles of blocks to get his prey.
Team mate of Daniel Fennell also offered today.

Was going to post earlier but held off and saw Fennell's tape. I love these kids. They play football violently as it should be played. Mohammed more so. If you watch them both they move mountains of players to get to the goal line or player. They are gonna run over folks. They remind me of old school football players.

I wonder if Mohammed is being recruited as a S or OLB. The two would make a stud LB core. Twofer please!

Pretty impressive that an OLB recruit is also a pretty damn good RB. Shows just how athletic the kid is, and how much of an emphasis we have on getting athletic LB's to attack these spread offenses. I believe this is the same HS as Robert Nkemdiache?

Pretty impressive that an OLB recruit is also a pretty damn good RB. Shows just how athletic the kid is, and how much of an emphasis we have on getting athletic LB's to attack these spread offenses. I believe this is the same HS as Robert Nkemdiache?
Sure is. I remember watching Grayson play against Miami Central on espn. Nkemdiache vs Marquez Hodge. That game was physical. Both of those players played as true freshmans this past season. Another reason why I think Hodge will be hard to beat out this year at the MLB position.

Sure is. I remember watching Grayson play against Miami Central on espn. Nkemdiache vs Marquez Hodge. That game was physical. Both of those players played as true freshmans this past season. Another reason why I think Hodge will be hard to beat out this year at the MLB position.

Hodge is my pick for MLB as well. In fact i'd be pretty surprised if he isn't the guy.

1. Mohamed Barry ‏@BarrySwavey 1m
  2. @CORDYKID1 already no fam imma be lookin in to it!

Recruits definitely appreciate it when you are the first to discover and offer them. Most of these kids assume they aren't great players unless they are offered by a BCS program (I personally disagree). Props to the staff for finding and offering him, I love his tape.

What is his size? Personally I do like a 6'2" 230 LB but that said I do love watching football players that just love the game and show it on the field with their play. A chip on their shoulder if you will.

What is his size? Personally I do like a 6'2" 230 LB but that said I do love watching football players that just love the game and show it on the field with their play. A chip on their shoulder if you will.

According to the highlights he is currently 6'1" 208.

If it's a true 6'1" I don't see size as a problem. Thanks CL!
With speed, hard hitting, a nose for where the ball is going and a motor that doesn't give up on plays, like he shows in his tape, I have no problem at all with 6'-1". That's even if 6'-1" from a highlight tape means 6'-0" in reality. I think he looks relatively good sized on the tape but in some cases actually uses his size to his advantage in the highlights, speed rushing between blockers before they can set their blocks. Also appears to using his speed, RB field vision and elusiveness in many cases to break up and pursue plays before they get developed. A headache for spread offenses.

Important highlight: Scores a goal line touchdown at RB starts celebrating a bit, accidentally drops the football, stops celebrating to immediately corral and pick up the ball and hand it to the ref, then goes back to celebrating with teammates. That's the type of guy we want, enjoys the game but knows, or has been taught, the right way to handle himself on the field.

Hard to block, Hard chip on his shoulder, Hard hitting, Nose for the football on Defense...HARDNOSED.

I wouldn't count on many 6'2 230lb HS LBers that you will see us recruiting. I think we have more then enough evidence that we aren't looking for the prototypical B10 LBer. Speed and quickness seems like priority 1a and 1b for our LB recruits. I'll always remember one of Shafer's interviews where he said he thinks the LBer position is the most critical position to attack these spread offenses.

1. Mohamed Barry ‏@BarrySwavey 59m
  2. @Jhawk_Ambition already no I love the NY !

1. JHAWK ‏@Jhawk_Ambition 59m
  2. @BarrySwavey im going up there this summer ..my fam @GMII27 play for them

Retweeted by Mohamed Barry
JHAWK ‏@Jhawk_Ambition 1h
@BarrySwavey lol we gotta take a visit together fam
JHawk Ambition is Jonathan Hawkins who is a 2015 RB at Mill Creek in GA. Has an offer from PSU.
Edit: He is the #3 RB in GA.

Last edited:
JHawk Ambition is Jonathan Hawkins who is a 2015 RB at Mill Creek in GA. Has an offer from PSU.

Nice sleuthing. You can tell Mohamed is very interested. Hope we can get him up here

Retweeted by Mohamed Barry
JHAWK ‏@Jhawk_Ambition 1h
@BarrySwavey lol we gotta take a visit together fam
Edit: He is the #3 RB in GA.

I'll have to slap on the Cuse gear and go see Hawkins ... I live 2 miles from Mill Creek HS.

Kid has a ferocious motor. I know these are highlights but there's not a single cut where anyone looks like they're out hustling him. He's got very good closing speed into the gaps and a great nose for the ball. Looking at this though I thought, "does this kid ever not blitz?" Two reasons I see for the lack of interest, size: he's not 6'1, more in the 5'11 range which would make him a better fit at safety in most programs and you don't see him run away from anyone so the lack of top end makes him a less than ideal fit at safety for most. I think he's a perfect fit for a SMFS and CMFB blitz-heavy-I-can-run-sideline-to-sideline-all-day-and-no-this-gap-is-closed defense. I can see him playing OLB or possibly SS in Orange.

Both Grayson HS (LB Mohammed Barry) and Mill Creek HS (RB Jonathan Hawkins) Play 6A Georgia Football the top Division in GA. Grayson moved up to 6A recently after winning the 5A state title in 2011.