Class of 2015 - DB Mohamed Barry (GA) Verbal to Nebraska | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DB Mohamed Barry (GA) Verbal to Nebraska

I live in Hoschton about 20 mins from Grayson so I do pick up little tid bits here and there but I am not as into the Grayson squad as others ... my neighbor coaches at Norcross (Kamara and Autry) and I hear quite a bit ... plus the guy right next door played tight end at UGA back in the day ... I get to hear some juicy details LOL.

It's exciting to see the ground swell in CUSE awareness in this part of the country. As many of you know, I have family that went/go to Grayson. They (the cousins) have no choice in hearing about the benefits of a Syracuse education, ties to the northeast, the restoring of a once great program and so on..

The ACC was a complete game changer. Clemson will be a short drive from Grayson, so these kids can go with their families to watch us (including mine)..

My Coop below is 9 (5'1 already). His cousin is the backup QB @ Clemson (Nick Schuessler). One guess where he wants to go... CUSE! We are in Dallas.. They shd start recruiting him now! :)
All his friends are UT fans, so he is the outlier
Fball.jpg

It's exciting to see the ground swell in CUSE awareness in this part of the country. As many of you know, I have family that went/go to Grayson. They (the cousins) have no choice in hearing about the benefits of a Syracuse education, ties to the northeast, the restoring of a once great program and so on..

The ACC was a complete game changer. Clemson will be a short drive from Grayson, so these kids can go with their families to watch us (including mine)..

My Coop below is 9 (5'1 already). His cousin is the backup QB @ Clemson (Nick Schuessler). One guess where he wants to go... CUSE! We are in Dallas.. They shd start recruiting him now! :)
All his friends are UT fans, so he is the outlier
View attachment 14204

I used to live right over in Acworth not far from Dallas ... I liked the Kennesaw area too but where we are is a little more remote and quiet and since I work from home I need the quiet.

@ccarlsononSU
Just learned that the high school coach of Mohamed Barry (64 letters) was college roommates with Dabo Swinney. Now that's a small world.

no clemson offer though. so not sure why we care.

@ccarlsononSU
Just learned that the high school coach of Mohamed Barry (64 letters) was college roommates with Dabo Swinney. Now that's a small world.

no clemson offer though. so not sure why we care.

Mickey Conn is the "Rudy" of Alabama Football..

Visiting USF this weekend.
Visiting Wisconsin 6/16
Mohamed Barry‏@BarrySwavey 23m
I'm visiting Syracuse on the June 20-21!
1f34a.png
1f34a.png
1f34a.png

Love the fact that he is seeing us after the other two ... love it ...

I mean, that is alphabetical order...

In spite of the alphabetical thing USF is at the back of the bus ... hell they are operating the emergency door handle at this point. NC State is third ... we are tied at the top with Wisky.

Yes and the Wisky fans/new commits are bombarding him with tweets and following him like crazy on twitter. To me it seems like overkill but... They are selling it. I am glad that he visits us after Wisconsin.

that's cool. my cousins are transplanted new yorkers down there and live in gainseville (between gainseville and cumming) on the north side of lanier. they wear their syracuse gear all the time but married georgians so they have to wear bulldog stuff to. they tell me i should move down there to coach lacrosse. booming.
At the very least a great scout for potential recruits. Go get 'em.

Yes and the Wisky fans/new commits are bombarding him with tweets and following him like crazy on twitter. To me it seems like overkill but... They are selling it. I am glad that he visits us after Wisconsin.

Yep as I said before us having the ability to make a final impression over Wisky is a big deal.

Definitely have the advantage being the final visit, but i'd be lying if I said I wasn't very worried about Wisconsin. They have the advantage over us in more then a few areas.

- Much better recent success
- Better facilities
- Camp Randall game day experience
- They want him at the position he really wants to play (safety)
- His main recruiter was the first coach to offer him while he was at Marshall, so has the longest relationship

We have to bank on the relationship Coach Lea has been able to build with him. This also could be one of our first instances where our ACC affiliation comes into play. He would have plenty more opportunities to play close to home if he went to Syracuse. This would be an outstanding win on the trail if we can pull this one off.

Mohamed Barry‏@BarrySwavey 8h
I need places to visit tomorrow?

OK overanalyzing tweets but is it me or does that sound odd? Why would he be asking that on Twitter... even if this is an Unofficial you would think the Wisconsin staff would have suggested things for him to check out in addition to giving him the tour or the football facilities. He was in Indiana for a wedding and then drove up to Madison. Is he maybe not as high on their list as we think?

OK overanalyzing tweets but is it me or does that sound odd? Why would he be asking that on Twitter... even if this is an Unofficial you would think the Wisconsin staff would have suggested things for him to check out in addition to giving him the tour or the football facilities. He was in Indiana for a wedding and then drove up to Madison. Is he maybe not as high on their list as we think?

Well I mean it is Madison Wisc ...

Take it for what it's worth but the SB NtionWisconsin guys think Barry is now a backup plan to guys higher on their board after the commits they received over the weekend. It is SB Ntion, hence the phrase take it for what it's worth

Take it for what it's worth but the SB NtionWisconsin guys think Barry is now a backup plan to guys higher on their board after the commits they received over the weekend. It is SB Ntion, hence the phrase take it for what it's worth

Sounds like the ole Rutgers "They've cooled off on him ... "

oh man - wait til the reporters at the Atlanta Journal-Constitution find out about this - they'll be all over this "recruiting saga" :rolleyes:

I was wondering as the twitter BS from the Wisky fans seems to have died down...either that or they are all hung over this morning.