Class of 2017 DB/RB Tre Shaw (GA) Verbal to UNC

CuseLegacy

• 4:09 PM - 3 Oct 2014
    Tre'Christopher Shaw ‏@BcgTr3 Oct 3
    BLESSED ">
    1f3c8.png
    1f64f.png

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 27m27 minutes ago
Cedar Grove coach Chris Hill added that Reed will return next week, likes 2016 DT Antwuan Jackson, '17 QB Jelani Woods, '17 DB/RB Tre Shaw.

Or perhaps Shafer will stop by and see him later today when he's in Atlanta.

That is Fredrick's school. Wonder if Shafer offered in person.

No. The kid is only a Sophomore. All contact must go through the HS coaches.

Last edited:
No. The kid is only a Sophomore. All contact must go through the HS coaches.
All I meant was that Shafer said, oh yeah, by the way as long as I'm here... But I did not know that the HC had to be involved. Can the prospect be present when the offer is made? Can the coaches talk to the prospect as long as the HS coach is present?

Last edited by a moderator:
All I meant was that Shafer said, oh yeah, by the way as long as I'm here... But I did not know that the HC had to be involved. Can the prospect be present when the offer is made? Can the coaches talk to the prospect as long as the HS coach is present?

Contact is even more restricted for HS Freshman and Sophomores...

High school Freshman and Sophomore year. these rules also apply until September 1 of your Junior year.
Coaches are allowed to:
Send you athletic or sports camp brochures, NCAA Educational Information and Questionnaires.
A coach can also accept phone calls from you as long as they are at your expense but remember that if you leave a message on an answering service the coach is NOT ALLOWED TO CALL YOU BACK.
Coaches are not allowed to:
To call you on the phone.
A coach cannot send you any written recruiting information.
NCAA Recruiting Guidelines, Unofficial Visits:
You can make unofficial visits to a college campus.
It is also permissible for you to receive a maximum of three complimentary tickets to a college sporting event.
You can talk with college coaches but this must be on campus.

From a free article on 2/47..

Jake Rowe 6h6 hours ago
Five prospects from the Peach State who could emerge as stars in 2016 (FREE)

DB Tre Shaw (Cedar Grove)

Think of all the buzz words you know about top defensive back prospects then watch Shaw and put a check by every one of them. The 6-foot 185 pound cornerback has early offers from Florida and Auburn but he is the type of prospect that is going to command more attention as the process progresses. He has excellent speed and the ball skills defensive coordinators covet in a cornerback. He is plenty physical enough to succeed in press coverage while also possessing the flexibility and quickness to play off-man coverage, too. That skill set makes him a candidate to reach four-star or even Top2/47 status before all is said and done.

One of those things is not like the other. I wonder if anyone from our staff had been working on building a relationship with him.

Don't you mean someone who no longer is on our staff. ;)

And he is a 2017. Awful early to be putting out a top 5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom