DC2 | Syracusefan.com

DC2

woody44

Walk On
Anyone have info on Coleman's condition, I thought someone had said that we should know something by early September on wether or not he would be able to contribute this year.

@PhilDAbb
Boeheim says they'll have to wait and see on DaJuan Coleman's progress. Won't have a "definitive positive" answer until December.

@PhilDAbb
Boeheim says they'll have to wait and see on DaJuan Coleman's progress. Won't have a "definitive positive" answer until December.
December??? That doesn't sound good to me.

Deano said:
December??? That doesn't sound good to me.

My reaction exactly. Ugh.

That's discouraging news. But I 100% believe that it is better for both the kid and the program to redshirt him this year if he's not capable of physically holding up, to preserve two full years of eligibility than it is to waste one where he's gimping around on one leg. Plus, with Rak graduating this year, it would be nice to have DC2 back at full strength to nail down the fort for the next TWO seasons, instead of just one [especially since fellow "big" man Chris McCullough is a likely one-and-done loss, as well].

The work DaJuan has put in this offseason to lose and maintain that weight loss is AWESOME--really reflects on his strong work ethic and willpower. This kid may not have lived up to the hype thus far, but he's a former McDonald's all american who's capable of being a big contributor. I'd rather suffer the short term impact of not having him this year than risk him getting hurt a third conesecutive season.

I'm guessing that with proper time to rehab, and with all of the weight he's shedded, he'll come back much more equipped to deliver next season.

Again, that's all based on the assumption that he won't be close to 100% physically when the season kicks off. If he is close to that 100%, then obviously that changes the thought process.

Last edited:
I just hope that his hard work pays off. I would say that after two seasons and two knee injuries that I hope everyone involves errors on the side of caution even if it would be great to have this guy available. I'd rather see him get 100% healthy even if it costs him the season than see him push to get back too early and reinjure it.

I presume they will redshirt him unless the pre-conference season demonstrates that we have absolutely no credible backup at center AND Rak shows a penchant for foul trouble. Otherwise, they'd have re-activate Coleman in January, blowing up half his Jr year and throwing him into ACC play with virtually no prep. When you consider he hasn't even run since last season sometime, you can only imagine where his skills are at right now. I'm guessing there is about a 92% chance of him redshirting.

@PhilDAbb

That sounds like a definitive answer to me, just not the one we were hoping to hear.

That's discouraging news. But I 100% believe that it is better for both the kid and the program to redshirt him this year if he's not capable of physically holding up, to preserve two full years of eligibility than it is to waste one where he's gimping around on one leg. Plus, with Rak graduating this year, it would be nice to have DC2 back at full strength to nail down the fort for the next TWO seasons, instead of just one [especially since fellow "big" man Chris McCullough is a likely one-and-done loss, as well].

The work DaJuan has put in this offseason to lose and maintain that weight loss is AWESOME--really reflects on his strong work ethic and willpower. This kid may not have lived up to the hype thus far, but he's a former McDonald's all american who's capable of being a big contributor. I'd rather suffer the short term impact of not having him this year than risk him getting hurt a third conesecutive season.

I'm guessing that with proper time to rehab, and with all of the weight he's shedded, he'll come back much more equipped to deliver next season.

Again, that's all based on the assumption that he won't be close to 100% physically when the season kicks off. If he is close to that 100%, then obviously that changes the thought process.
Agreed this may be the best move - It's a shame, because he lost all that weight but the benefits of having him for 2 years more are probably better than the benefits of what he could bring to the table this year.

Agreed this may be the best move - It's a shame, because he lost all that weight but the benefits of having him for 2 years more are probably better than the benefits of what he could bring to the table this year.
I can not imagine that his stamina or skills and timing would be up to snuff this season, if what I have read is true. It is probably tough on the young man to have to stay out so long, but he may be better served not playing this season too. I just think he should not come back too soon and reagravate any problems. Feel bad for DC2, he seems like a likeable young fellow. The program will manage whichever way he ends up going.

Feel so bad for DC2. Such a talent coming out of High School, has not been able to shake the injury bug. From all accounts a great teammate, Coach Hopkins I have heard rave about him as a teammate.

Wish him the best, and hope he can get back out on the court as soon as possible, and stay healthy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom