Class of 2015 - DE Brandon Ginnetti (CT) TO URI | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DE Brandon Ginnetti (CT) TO URI

I knew I knew this name from somewhere!

I am the Director, Video Scouting for USA Baseball.

I saw him pitch at the Perfect Game Junior National Event. Got his video and did a writeup. At that event (which was last year), he was 80-85 , mostly 82-84 with an okay CB and CH. I graded him out as a potential Saturday starter down the road (if you aren't familiar, Saturday is typically the # 2 starter on your staff).

Barring a velo spike (which is possible for an athlete like him), the MLB Draft is not a concern.

I knew I knew this name from somewhere!

I am the Director, Video Scouting for USA Baseball.

I saw him pitch at the Perfect Game Junior National Event. Got his video and did a writeup. At that event (which was last year), he was 80-85 , mostly 82-84 with an okay CB and CH. I graded him out as a potential Saturday starter down the road (if you aren't familiar, Saturday is typically the # 2 starter on your staff).

Barring a velo spike (which is possible for an athlete like him), the MLB Draft is not a concern.
for what division? the gun on the video had him at 83, which is right at the range you quoted. agreed, MLB is not a concern as of now. seems like a d2/d3 type player for baseball just by his stats

for what division? the gun on the video had him at 83, which is right at the range you quoted. agreed, MLB is not a concern as of now. seems like a d2/d3 type player for baseball just by his stats

I'd say low to low-mid D1. He has projectable size and his velocity should be around 87-88 by the time he graduates high school.

He is a D-1 arm. Would fit perfectly with a club like Stony Brook or Hartford that takes guys and allows them to physically develop. If he focused on baseball, he would likely be sitting in the low 90's given his quick arm and build/athleticism by his draft (junior) year. Out of high school though? Not a MLB draft guy.

BrkIvqyCcAAFqMb.jpg:large

Ha! UCONN still thinks they can be picky. A 6'2 athletic TE/DE is not tall enough?!

Ha! UCONN still thinks they can be picky. A 6'2 athletic TE/DE is not tall enough?!
Great point...really hard to believe!

That stupid white dog has a bad case of heartworms and mange, yet they act like they have options? Get that pooch to the vet. ;-)

money3189 said:
He is the exact type of kid UCOnn have to bring in. lol. Their not exactly killin it in recruiting

Their coach still thinks he's at Notre Dame. The non p5 reality isn't sinking in yet.

I wonder if around the football wing, the coaches looked at the basketball side and think "if they can, we can" - never mind that the gulf in football is huge ... And growing.

Their coach still thinks he's at Notre Dame. The non p5 reality isn't sinking in yet.

I wonder if around the football wing, the coaches looked at the basketball side and think "if they can, we can" - never mind that the gulf in football is huge ... And growing.

In Diaco's defense I assume he is bringing his 3-4 base defense with him. He had 6'5 300lb DE's at ND. Obviously he isn't going to get the same type of player, but you still have to have at least 280-290 DE's in his 3-4.

In Diaco's defense I assume he is bringing his 3-4 base defense with him. He had 6'5 300lb DE's at ND. Obviously he isn't going to get the same type of player, but you still have to have at least 280-290 DE's in his 3-4.
thats a good point

anomander said:

Ahh - good point.

I still think it's likely they have their heads in the sand. Why else would Diaco even go there?!

Ahh - good point.

I still think it's likely they have their heads in the sand. Why else would Diaco even go there?!

Why? Because of Randy Edsall can leverage UConn and get a P5 head coaching gig ... just like Skip Holtz did as well (of course they both suck but coaching at UConn hid their suckyness) then so can Diaco :)

Better athlete than given credit for. Kid looked decent after the catch on those highlights!

wfschrec said:
Why? Because of Randy Edsall can leverage UConn and get a P5 head coaching gig ... just like Skip Holtz did as well (of course they both suck but coaching at UConn hid their suckyness) then so can Diaco :)

Recruiting and opportunity. When Edsall leveraged his way to Maryland he had access to better recruits and a conference slate of higher level football. Also a chance at a higher level of bowl.

Diaco still might find his way there by doing well with less (like a FCS coach), but it's going to be much harder. ND D coordinator might be higher profile than UCONN HC.

Recruiting and opportunity. When Edsall leveraged his way to Maryland he had access to better recruits and a conference slate of higher level football. Also a chance at a higher level of bowl.

Diaco still might find his way there by doing well with less (like a FCS coach), but it's going to be much harder. ND D coordinator might be higher profile than UCONN HC.

HC positions usually pay significantly more but a job like UConn's could be a career changer...in a negative way.

Edsall didn't when he started at UConn ... nor did Skip Holtz ... anytime you can get an HC gig at a D1 program you have to consider it. The thing is UConn is such a mess that if Diaco wins games he will look like a genius. He can leverage appearances against UCF, SMU, Cincy and Houston as his shot to prove his worth among the cream of the American crop ... if he wins at UConn he will be there 3 years tops and on to much bigger and better things. And as much as anyone wants to snub their nose at their nose at the gig ... beating a UCF will do wonders for his coaching profile.

Edsall didn't when he started at UConn ... nor did Skip Holtz ... anytime you can get an HC gig at a D1 program you have to consider it. The thing is UConn is such a mess that if Diaco wins games he will look like a genius. He can leverage appearances against UCF, SMU, Cincy and Houston as his shot to prove his worth among the cream of the American crop ... if he wins at UConn he will be there 3 years tops and on to much bigger and better things. And as much as anyone wants to snub their nose at their nose at the gig ... beating a UCF will do wonders for his coaching profile.

Sounds awful similar to someone we know very well, but let's swap UCF for WVU.

wfschrec said:

Meh. It's playing with fire. I know these guys like challenges - but the downside here is huge and it's a pretty big climb. They were awful last season.

RMH44 said:
HC positions usually pay significantly more but a job like UConn's could be a career changer...in a negative way.

For sure. Didn't mean pay or the freedom of coaching your own team. Those are good things to want. And you're right if he fails? Good luck.