Class of 2015 - DE Brandon Ginnetti (CT) TO URI | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DE Brandon Ginnetti (CT) TO URI

Orange Fizz ‏@OrangeFizz 3s3 seconds ago
BREAKING: SU defensive line commit Brandon Ginnetti will enroll in 2016 because of a foot injury. - CM
juggling2.jpg

Well this helps explain how we are still recruiting all these DE's. Feel bad for the kid, but this could work out good for us.

The numbers always work themselves out.

So, will he totally be out of football next year? Kinda tough coming back after having been inactive for two consecutive years, especially since I doubt he was a finished product before the injury.

Why wouldn't he enroll with this class and have access to our facilities to help rehab? Unless there's no room at the inn...

So, will he totally be out of football next year? Kinda tough coming back after having been inactive for two consecutive years, especially since I doubt he was a finished product before the injury.

Why wouldn't he enroll with this class and have access to our facilities to help rehab? Unless there's no room at the inn...
Hopefully he'll get into Milford or some other prep. But your question is on point.

Expected to enroll January 2016

Tough break for him, but hopefully the year off gets him healed up properly.

An entire year - grayshirt essentially? Doesn't make sense but if they can sell him on it then well done.
He's not going to play next fall anyway.

If they bring in 25 for august he won't back date - remember that for next year.

An entire year - grayshirt essentially? Doesn't make sense but if they can sell him on it then well done. He's not going to play next fall anyway

I agree, I mean if there's no real advantage to him healing up at home vs. being on campus, and he gets a redshirt year anyway when he does get to campus to train, it really helps the staff have some flexibility to bring another kid in this class who potentially could help immediately or in a year after a redshirt year.

Hopefully he likes SU enough that he sticks regardless who's in charge in 2016.

Trey and Brandon in touch:

1. 8:38 PM - 19 Nov 2014 · Details

Work hard for 4 years and have fun the rest of your life or have fun for 4 years and work hard the rest of your life...
Follow
Trey Dunkelberger7⃣‏@TreyDunk7
@_fournette: Work hard for 4 years and have fun the rest of your life or have fun for 4 years and work hard the rest of your life...”

7:24 AM - 10 Dec 2014

1. 9:20 AM - 10 Dec 2014 · Details

Ron Cuse FB ‏@muskyhuter61 Dec 10
    @TreyDunk7 @_fournette that's the dam truth!!! Wise words!!!

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 50s51 seconds ago
Syracuse DE commit Brandon Ginnetti says he will sign with SU in August and arrive in January 2016. Would count toward 25 max for this year.

Strange that they are still making him defer if he'll be healthy in May/June. Perkins probably will redshirt and he is coming in August.

Strange that they are still making him defer if he'll be healthy in May/June. Perkins probably will redshirt and he is coming in August.
Healthy =/= back in shape and ready to contribute in some way. From what I've heard Perkins is way ahead of schedule and they expect him to be able to do some on field (for practice) work which is why they want him to come in on time. Ginnetti may simply not be at that point.

CaliCuse said:
Shafer has a good number of Ds her and coming into the program Could Ginnetti be used elsewhere on the team?

Maybe one of the DEs could be moved to TE.