Class of 2016 - DE Brandon Simon (NJ) Verbal to Iowa | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DE Brandon Simon (NJ) Verbal to Iowa

Makes me wonder if Kastenhuber is viewed as a possible outside backer. I know he plays some OLB at the HS level, but his measurables scream MLB. Have to wonder if Simon and Kastenhuber impact each other.

I thought Moskal and Kastenhuber were linked, just seemed odd that we suddenly got hot on Kastenhuber right after Moskal announced he was transferring. Could be wrong though.

Going to be interesting to see how this turns out. Always hard to follow up a trip to Iowa City. They have some amazing new football complex, and recruits are treated like stars from the fans. Maybe distance can play a factor?

Maybe Ellison will play a factor.

I saw a subtweet from a Rutgers fan that Simon is visiting RU today.

Why is it that you only seem to post in threads that have something to do about NJ and Rutgers?

Is NJ not a main source of our recruiting? I was reading this topic and looked him up on twitter

*edit*Since reading the Pridgeon topic I've been following flood on twitter So I know when they get a commit, never knew he did the announcing a commit without actually announcing it thing. I like keeping tabs on teams that we often go against with recruits. Their success or shortcoming can negatively or positively effect out recruiting.

Last edited:
How highly does the staff have him on their board? Was he a plan A all along or did people moving along cause him to rise up the board? Has he camped?

Who are those two monsters in the picture with him? And he's 6'2 240? Wow!
I don't think he's actually 6-2. He's listed some places at 6-0, for instance.

Really like this kid. I thought we were out of it for a while so going to be really mad if he wants to commit and there isn't a spot.

How highly does the staff have him on their board? Was he a plan A all along or did people moving along cause him to rise up the board? Has he camped?

Syracuse offered on about May 27 a month after he earned the rovals NJ camp DLine MVP award. BC offered him after that camp. Syracuse was his 10 offer.

rovals and toad both said he was unstoppable off the edge at that camp and rovals went so far as to say he outplayed 5 star rashan gary and fred hansard.

Simon was also named top 10 underclassman at last years rovals Columbus Ohio Camp. I think the only think holding him back from a massive offer list is his height.

Simon was also named top 10 underclassman at last years rovals Columbus Ohio Camp. I think the only think holding him back from a massive offer list is his height.
Yep. Kinda why I was hoping to see him play DE, his quickness and ability to beat blocks could make him a really outstanding pass rusher.

If he's a MLB for us (assuming a commit), how does that affect our offer to Kastenhuber? Really like both, guess I didn't expect them to look at him at the middle.

Yep. Kinda why I was hoping to see him play DE, his quickness and ability to beat blocks could make him a really outstanding pass rusher.
Yes, not sure why a kid like this, with great speed couldn't be an excellent speed rusher off the edge for Shaf! Not too mention he goes to Bosco and we want as many kids from Bosco as possible! :)

Gonna throw out a name of exactly who this kid reminds me of, who wound up playing DE for us: Brandon Sharpe.

Last person I remember hearing that about was Cam Lynch, and that turned out pretty decent I'd say.;)

Really hope there is still room for Simon by the time he is set to visit Sunday. I really don't think this is a player we should pass up on.

Really hope there is still room for Simon by the time he is set to visit Sunday. I really don't think this is a player we should pass up on.
Also just to continue to open Bosco to us.