Class of 2016 - DE Brandon Simon (NJ) Verbal to Iowa | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DE Brandon Simon (NJ) Verbal to Iowa

Also just to continue to open Bosco to us.

Yep, and to continue to develop our presence in the state. Small things like that should be deciding factors when deciding between prospects you have evaluated about the same.

Really hope there is still room for Simon by the time he is set to visit Sunday. I really don't think this is a player we should pass up on.

Are you having trouble keeping track of your visit days and prospects. ;) I thought he was visiting on Saturday.

Want this kid baaaaad. Don't care how they sell him, just hey him in the door, get him in Orange, good things will happen.

Want this kid baaaaad. Don't care how they sell him, just hey him in the door, get him in Orange, good things will happen.
Agreed...need to lay a pipeline to Bosco.

I'm confident he's ours if we have space. Unfortunately, we may not have space based on what happens over the next couple days. We'll see, though.

DL MVP at the Rivals NJ camp
Bosco kid
Has some quality offers
Seems like the type to have a chip on his shoulder due to his size
I like him and I think he'd be a DE in the long run, I hope we land him

Gonna throw out a name of exactly who this kid reminds me of, who wound up playing DE for us: Brandon Sharpe.

You and I think alike quite often It seems. Athletically similar to Sharpe but appears to ahead in technique of Sharpe at a similar juncture.

Simon looks like a DE to me but I suppose coaches know best. He reads pressure and sheds blocks extremely quickly in his film. Also showed a variety of rush moves and a firm understanding on when to employ them. Olineman leaning forward? He rips, dips, or goes spin cycle. Olineman sitting back? He pushes them back on the qb then sheds and pounces. Showed good ability to find an rb in a crowd and also in staying shallow in backside pursuit. This kid is well coached and it obviously sinks in. Not really surprising given the pedigree of his HS program.

I'm confident he's ours if we have space. Unfortunately, we may not have space based on what happens over the next couple days. We'll see, though.

And the other prospects may have been told that they have to wait to commit until after Simons visit.

Not sure what's changed but clearly something has. Guessing he's not going to be picking Syracuse.

Something drastic must have happened, because as of a few days ago, it was going to be SU. Wondering if all the LB shuffling over this week might have put him off.

Or he sees people committing like crazy and is nervous about waiting for fear that spot is going to be filled. It's not like he never visited.

Or he sees people committing like crazy and is nervous about waiting for fear that spot is going to be filled. It's not like he never visited.

I'm going with your version ;).

He's not picking Syracuse.

Something drastic must have happened, because as of a few days ago, it was going to be SU. Wondering if all the LB shuffling over this week might have put him off.

Or maybe someone else has committed and it just hasn't been announced yet hence no spot for him.