Class of 2016 - DE Brandon Simon (NJ) Verbal to Iowa | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DE Brandon Simon (NJ) Verbal to Iowa

Or maybe someone else has committed and it just hasn't been announced yet hence no spot for him.
I'd be fine with this, if it is indeed the reasoning.

I am too if that's the reason. Which would make our 3rd Rivals top 50 Jersey kid we've passed on in favor of another recruit.

I'm not saying this is definitely the case but it would have to be Parker seeing that Kastenhuber is off the board along with Pine, right?

I'm not saying this is definitely the case but it would have to be Parker seeing that Kastenhuber is off the board along with Pine, right?
I would think Parker or Reeder, who also just visited. Or both.

I would think Parker or Reeder, who also just visited. Or both.
It would definitely be a nice development if that really were the case.

I may be wrong, but I thought Reeder was being recruited at safety.

My question, and maybe I should pose it on the football forum, is where are the NJ recruits this year? So far, only 1 has committed and several others have chosen other schools. Is it because the talent level isn't the same this year as last, Acosta is focused elsewhere - Florida, perhaps -, or do we really have better candidates lined up?

If we are indeed moving on from Simon(not to sound like an RU fan) then we better have at least Parker locked up. I like Simon a lot, so we need a good reason if we are moving on from him

My question, and maybe I should pose it on the football forum, is where are the NJ recruits this year? So far, only 1, and several have choses another school. Is it because the talent level isn't the same this year as last, Acosta is focused elsewhere - Florida, perhaps -, or do we really have better candidates lined up?
That's a very good question. Some we've more or less moved on from (Gene Coleman, Tyler Thompson), some have just picked other schools (Frank Darby, soon to be Donald Stewart), and some others we're still waiting on (Brad Hawkins, Dymelle Parker). I've been wondering if Acosta has been spread too thin.

My question, and maybe I should pose it on the football forum, is where are the NJ recruits this year? So far, only 1 has committed and several others have chosen other schools. Is it because the talent level isn't the same this year as last, Acosta is focused elsewhere - Florida, perhaps -, or do we really have better candidates lined up?

Good question. Hopefully Parker makes commitment 2 but we shall see. Could be a combination of everything you mention above

That's a very good question. Some we've more or less moved on from (Gene Coleman, Tyler Thompson), some have just picked other schools (Frank Darby, soon to be Donald Stewart), and some others we're still waiting on (Brad Hawkins, Dymelle Parker). I've been wondering if Acosta has been spread too thin.

Maybe just more competition for NJ kids this year with Harbaugh.

Maybe just more competition for NJ kids this year with Harbaugh.
khaaaaaan.gif

Oh well. I'm guessing he'll be the second NJ kid we were recruiting who winds up at Iowa.

The staff is being way cautious when it comes to grades. Maybe the kid's final grades for the year came back bad? I don't get it otherwise

:bang::bang::bang:
I'm with you there on this one. Frustrating, no matter what the reasoning was for this choice.

That really sucks. I know you guys liked him at MLB, but I thought he had the tools to be a LaCasse type of DE, who could wreak havoc upfield and make plays behind the line of scrimmage.

C'mon down Dymelle Parker...

That really sucks. I know you guys liked him at MLB, but I thought he had the tools to be a LaCasse type of DE, who could wreak havoc upfield and make plays behind the line of scrimmage.

C'mon down Dymelle Parker...
Yeah, I hadn't thought of LaCasse, I was thinking 100% Brandon Sharpe but LaCasse fits as well. It seems clear at this point the staff is looking for speed and coverage skills at LB more than anything. But still need to be able stop the run, which is what makes this baffling to me.