Class of 2016 - DE Brandon Simon (NJ) Verbal to Iowa | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DE Brandon Simon (NJ) Verbal to Iowa

RF2044 said:
They're projecting ALL of the LBs we're recruiting on the outside. Somebody has to play inside, and Riggins looks like the one capable of handling the most bulk without sacrificing mobility.

Well, if you look at it that way, then yes.

But I'm not liking the road we're traveling here.

Gotta start winning games. Period.

Riggins currently projects to the outside, yes. But apparently the staff thinks that he could move to the middle. After all, he's 6-3, 215 with a frame to add 15-20 pounds. Not saying that's what happens, but it's a legit possibility.

Rocco said:
It's really not baffling at all. They liked other kids better and their respective Scoot rankings had zero influence on those decisions.

No, I understand. Just beginning to fully grasp how this staff recruits.

Hopefully it pays off and they're still here to enjoy the fruits of their labor.

I think it's clear with passing on Manning and Simon that these guys are looking for speed and coverage skills in their linebackers. Those are the things that were a little suspect about those two, while the LBs we're focusing on are smaller and faster.

No. This was Kastenhubers decision.
That is good. I really like players like him; smart and athletic. They end up being special. A lot. Would not be surprised to see him drafted in 4 or 5 years.

Looks like Henderson is the projected backup MLB.

Saw that yesterday. That kid is gonna be bigtime for us. This staff is really good at finding/recruiting guys that fit what they wanna do on defense. The 2015 class is gonna keep this D humming for a while.