Class of 2017 - DE Ethan Wiederkehr (NY) Verbal to Northwestern | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 DE Ethan Wiederkehr (NY) Verbal to Northwestern

weiderkehr.jpg

Gotta be or at least a nephew...he is a huge kid.

Wow, Do we have measurables for him? Standard residential exterior door is 6'-8" and while it appears this was taken from a low angle so I'd put him at 6'-8", I'm not sure any normal human could take a picture of this kid from a higher angle. Somebody better call Billy and Tom Park cause that is a HUGE SOPHMORE!
images

Wow, Do we have measurables for him? Standard residential exterior door is 6'-8" and while it appears this was taken from a low angle so I'd put him at 6'-8", I'm not sure any normal human could take a picture of this kid from a higher angle. Somebody better call Billy and Tom Park cause that is a HUGE SOPHMORE!
images

His Hudl says he is 6'5 270.

His Hudl says he is 6'5 270.
Thanks CL, he's at growth spurt age, based on this photo we'll have to see where this year's numbers put him at or if this is just a low angle shot. Thanks for the quick response.

Thanks CL, he's at growth spurt age, based on this photo we'll have to see where this year's numbers put him at or if this is just a low angle shot. Thanks for the quick response.
Low angle shot. Look where his eyes are focused...down at the camera.

Low angle shot. Look where his eyes are focused...down at the camera.
I agree of the angle shot. I think someone is trying to make this young man bigger than he actually is. I think he is pretty big as it is and don't need and trick photography.:cool:

Free Article...

Syracuse legacy target Ethan Wiederkehr recaps Monday's visit which resulted in an offer.

Syracuse is recruiting another legacy lineman, this one in the 2017 class. Former starting Orange offensive lineman Hans Wiederkehr played for Syracuse in the 1980’s and in the NFL for the Pittsburgh Steelers. He played sparingly during his first few years on The Hill, but transitioned from defensive end to offensive guard and was a starter during the 1985 season.
His son, 2017 two-way lineman Ethan Wiederkehr, is entering his junior season at Shoreham-Wading River High School in Shoreham (N.Y.). Wiederkehr is being recruited by Syracuse as an offensive tackle. He currently stands at 6-foot-5, 260-pounds, with plenty of room to add weight to his frame.
Ethan visited his father’s alma mater on Monday, and was offered before leaving campus.
”I’m very interested,” Wiederkehr said. “I had a great visit. The facilities are awesome and the coaches seem like really great guys who want their athletes to really succeed on and off the field.”
During Monday’s visit, he spent time talking to several of the Syracuse coaches. It was an opportunity to get to know them on a more personal level and start developing their relationship.
”I talked to Joe Adam, Tim Lester and coach (Scott) Shafer mostly,” Wiederkehr said. “They all talked about how they run the program and I really got to know them. Since all the coaches are husbands and fathers, it shows that they can take care of the players like they do to their children.
”I can definitely see myself playing for them. We definitely bonded together and started to develop a good relationship.”
Wiederkehr was excited about being offered by not only the school his father played for, but the big in-state program as well. He said he is honored to have the opportunity to play football in his backyard.
While he said it was still too early to have any early favorites, he did admit his dad was “pretty pumped” about his alma mater offering his son.
”At this point in the recruiting process it is too early for me to rank any school,” Wiederkehr said. “I can only say that I liked it enough to be back in the fall for a game.”
Wiederkehr added that he and his father try to catch Syracuse games on television whenever they can. He also holds offers from Maryland, Rutgers and Wake Forest.

Hans was an interesting player at SU. Vicious hitter, really good athlete. My memory is that he had some concussion problems that prompted the move to OL. I believe Hans also enjoyed good success as a HC for HS football on Long Island for a while.

If he is anything like his dad, he is going to be really good.

Hans was an interesting player at SU. Vicious hitter, really good athlete. My memory is that he had some concussion problems that prompted the move to OL. I believe Hans also enjoyed good success as a HC for HS football on Long Island for a while.

If he is anything like his dad, he is going to be really good.
Hopefully being a legacy will sway him to us; the potential is clear when watching his tape.

Hopefully being a legacy will sway him to us; the potential is clear when watching his tape.
We hope...Cuse had a slew of great players 20-30 years ago...like to see more legacies come through.

Legacies haven't meant much lately. We didn't get any of the Gronkowskis. However, I think things are about to change.

Legacies haven't meant much lately. We didn't get any of the Gronkowskis. However, I think things are about to change.
We've lost too many legacies of late. Wolobaugh is the most recent one I can think of. That needs to change.

We hope...Cuse had a slew of great players 20-30 years ago...like to see more legacies come through.
I'm honestly trying to remember...when's the last time we had an actual father/son legacy in football? We didn't get Gronk, Wohlabaugh's kid, Tebucky's kid (though I'm not sure we actually wanted him), and I'm sure I'm missing others. I'd be shocked if we don't get Kevin Johnson Jr., though, if we actually end up offering him. That kid seems to love Syracuse.

I'm honestly trying to remember...when's the last time we had an actual father/son legacy in football? We didn't get Gronk, Wohlabaugh's kid, Tebucky's kid (though I'm not sure we actually wanted him), and I'm sure I'm missing others. I'd be shocked if we don't get Kevin Johnson Jr., though, if we actually end up offering him. That kid seems to love Syracuse.
The Kimmels

John and Ernie Davis Brown

Ger and Scott Schwedes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom