Class of 2017 - DE Ethan Wiederkehr (NY) Verbal to Northwestern | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 DE Ethan Wiederkehr (NY) Verbal to Northwestern

Coach Babers talks about wanting players that want to be here. unfortunately, this player doesn't. It gives someone else an opportunity.

Our best coach since 2004 left the program at .500 exactly. Every other coach had a losing record. That's 11 seasons.

Well I don't. But 11 seasons of measuring Syracuse football seems incredibly arbitrary, other than relating to Fitz's tenure at NW, in predicting the future success or failure of the program.

Schools change, conferences change, times change. Is .500 our ceiling? I don't believe so. Although if Dino can't get things going I may start seeing it that way.

SU has consistently lost within the last 10 years. Current recruits are 18 years old so they only know what they've seen since they were 8.

Which resonates more with recruits than a history textbook of the "good old days." Valid point, and still difficult for me to wrap my thick skull around. Underscores the importance of the new era.

Well I don't. But 11 seasons of measuring Syracuse football seems incredibly arbitrary, other than relating to Fitz's tenure at NW, in predicting the future success or failure of the program.

Schools change, conferences change, times change. Is .500 our ceiling? I don't believe so. Although if Dino can't get things going I may start seeing it that way.
Trust me, I'm very much on board the Dino bandwagon. I bought STs and live down in NJ. But right now we're probably in the bottom 25% of P5 schools in attractiveness to potential recruits.

I expect it to change very soon. But until then, we have to face facts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom