Class of 2016 - DE Gabe Sherrod (MD) Decommits from Syracuse Commits to Michigan St. | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DE Gabe Sherrod (MD) Decommits from Syracuse Commits to Michigan St.

What is the chances he still comes to Syracuse? If he has the grades, don't we still have room?

I agree as it is just one year... however, he must of pissed off the coaches.
The staff took a big chance on a player who made major mistakes several times, and he responded by shopping for a better deal.

Based on his decision making, if he had found his way on campus, it is highly likely something else bad would have happened. I feel sad when a kid loses a chance to change his life and make something of himself but this is all on Sherrod. What a waste of talent.

The staff took a big chance on a player who made major mistakes several times, and he responded by shopping for a better deal.

Based on his decision making, if he had found his way on campus, it is highly likely something else bad would have happened. I feel sad when a kid loses a chance to change his life and make something of himself but this is all on Sherrod. What a waste of talent.

Outstanding post, could not have been said better. A shame but definitely all on the kid here

Note that as of the time I replied to it, this post has 14 likes.

No more needs to be said

In reference to the thread title, he didn't "decommit", his scholarship offer was pulled/revoked.

Unfortunately some people just can't get out of their own way. Kid had a golden opportunity here to walk in as a 5th year starter and put on a showcase for NFL scouts in a power 5 conference and he blew it.

Well actually he still can, but unfortunately it will be for some other school if it is to happen, maybe not a P5 school. Oh well, we had to move on with someone that wants to play for us.

Attack me if you feel the need but he went to Delaware State - a terrible school that is not as good academically as some strong high schools. Thus one might assume he is not the brightest recruit out there and one that will listen to anyone's BS.

Just how burned is this bridge? We had a 2016 scholly open up and I'd feel a lot better with 2 senior DE's than 1.

Just how burned is this bridge? We had a 2016 scholly open up and I'd feel a lot better with 2 senior DE's than 1.
burning-bridge-760x507.jpg

Apparently pretty burned.

Kid got what he wanted!

Guess the staff was right on him not being fully committed. Sounds like he was slow playing enrolling until he got a final answer from MSU.

I don't think you have heard the last about this guy. :crazy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom